CONTRACT TO PERM
Applicant will design, build, configuration, deployment and support of Web Application Firewall (WAF) and BOT mitigation policies for on premise and in the cloud WAF deployments. The successful candidate must have working experience with F5 WAF, versed in cybersecurity concepts and possess the ability to work on various complex security engineering solutions.
• Conduct a comprehensive assessment of the management, operational, and technical security controls and control enhancements employed within or inherited by a system to determine the effectiveness of the controls.
• Engineer, configure, deploy, and maintain Web Application Firewall solutions on premise and in the cloud (GCP, Azure, etc.).
• Configure new sites and applications for WAF protection, analysis of traffic to remove false positives.
• Create WAF rules/signatures to mitigate threats and implements best practices.
• Create and update documentation including security diagrams, policies, procedures, playbooks, and run books
• Develop automation for security tools management and workflow integration.
• Perform root cause analysis on incidents, issues, and determines the proper course of action.
• Update threat models based on WAF event patterns.
• Develop, maintain, test, and troubleshoot on prem & cloud web application firewalls and rulesets.
• Analyze WAF traffic and tuning rules or creating remediation action plans for the Lines of business and respond to WAF events.
• Configure deploys and maintains WAF solutions on-prem and in the cloud
• Supports and ensures stability of the WAF platforms
• Evaluate applications and determine if applications are in-scope for WAF
• Should have experience with web-based attacks, OWASP Top 10 web vulnerabilities, web application testing with tools like Zed Attack Proxy, and extensive knowledge of networking protocols.
• Equivalent years (5-8+) as a WAF Security Engineer.
• Working experience with F5 WAF, Bot Defense and with cloud web application firewalls with major cloud service providers including Google and Azure.
• Designing and implementing functional network infrastructure.
• Oversee changes to the network and system deployment (HW/SW) to ensure security protection.
• Configuring and optimizing software for on-premise or cloud solutions.
• Conducting system/server planning, management, and maintenance.
• Installing system and component upgrades. (i.e., servers, appliances, network devices).
• Configuration Management experience such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or similar.
• Working experience with Regular Expression, JSON, Python and other scripting familiarity.
• Cloud platform knowledge Google, Azure & AWS
• Linux, Unix, Windows
• Containerization, Automation & Orchestration tools Docker, Kubernetes,
• Scripting tools bash, ansible, powershell API, Json, yaml, git, Python. other