Primarily provides pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products/applications/solutions. Uses in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and the customer through sales presentations and product demonstrations. Assists the sales staff in assessing potential application of company products to meet customer needs and may prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer products/applications/solutions. May create detailed design and implementation specifications for complex products/applications/solutions. May build a mini-application based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client. May provide consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation.
- Role: Application/Systems Engineer with Network L4-L7 protocols.
- Location: Philippines
- Emp Type: Permanent Job
- Interview: Phone/Skype
- Able to self-drive customer requirements and prioritize work
- Function as technical point of contact for customer issues
- Drive communication between customer and engineering teams, providing detailed communications and instructions
- Able to create in-depth technical issue and resolution root cause analysis (RCA)
- Identify and report product issues and prioritize resolution with the engineering teams
- Create and maintain knowledge base articles to prevent & resolve similar issues quickly
- Weekend and public holiday coverage availability
- 7+ years of relevant experience in networking or application & security domain experience in platforms, infrastructure and systems area.
- Technical Support experience
- Strong knowledge/experience on L4-L7 protocols.
- Knowledge of web technologies like HTTP/HTTPS/REST API
- Knowledge of networking components (Routing, Switching, Firewall, TCP/IP, etc.)
Understanding of ADC concepts
- Design, Development & Execution of L4-L7 application protocols test plans/cases for WAN/Application optimization
- Understanding of Public & Private cloud ecosystems (Ex: VMware, AWS, OpenStack, Kubernetes etc)
- Excellent communication, time management, and process adherence skills Desired Skills/Qualification:
- Hands-on experience with diverse networking devices like routers, switches, firewalls
- Working experience in Load-balancer/ADC
- Working knowledge in cloud eco-systems like OpenStack, ESXi, OpenShift, AWS, Docker, Azure, GCP is a plus
- Knowledge on Linux OS is a plus
- Experience with REST API or in Python/Java programming is a plus
- Familiarity with DevOps tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef is a plus