Imubit is looking for a top-notch Linux System Administrator eager to disrupt process manufacturing industries with breakthrough machine learning technologies.
Imubit, a Houston-based startup backed by Silicon Valley Venture Capital, has invented a new type of machine learning technology designed specifically to optimize process manufacturing plants. The company was founded by world-class machine learning scientists, globally renowned experts in process manufacturing, and serial software entrepreneurs. Its clients are among the largest global energy and chemical operators.
We are looking for:
You, a resourceful, proactive, and hard-working system admin with 3-5 years of technical expertise! You want to leave your footprint in a complex, mission-critical Linux based system that will be deployed and maintained by huge enterprise customers. You strive to optimize the deployment process, streamline continuous delivery upgrades and improve customer experience. You appreciate a working environment that is powered by new technologies, years ahead of others in the industry. You are passionate about scripting, automation and managing configuration as a code (Ansible, Puppet). You are a self-motivated, well-organized, strong communicator who loves learning new domains. You recognize a once-in-a-career opportunity and seize it.
Essential functions and responsibility:
- Deploy and monitor server racks.
- OPC configuration and client to OPC server connection experience.
- Connectivity and resolution of general networks (Firewalls, Routing, VPN Tunnels, Subnets, DNS) and SMTP.
- Managing confidential client information within DataHub.
- Installing and configuring critical software, related services, tools, and operating systems.
- Monitoring existing installations and connectivity in mission-critical control networks.
- Working closely with clients and Imubit staff, deeply understanding and supporting their daily needs.
- Managing company network services: users, permissions, workstations, Single Sign-on, VPNs, etc..
- Deploying security policies and hardening the endpoints.
- Writing Windows/Linux scripts and automating tasks.
You have experience with:
- Linux server and workstation administration (security, permissions, repositories, networking).
- Linux configuration management (Ansible, Chef or equivalent).
- Network security (Logs collection and analysis, traffic monitoring).
- Scripting (Bash, Python).
- Windows servers and workstations administration (Domains, DNS, DHCP, NFS, Permissions, Shared Folders, network connectivity).
- Troubleshooting server-side software and services.
- Database management (SQL queries, backup).
It would be nice if you had experience with:
- Container(Docker, Kubernetes technologies).
- Cloud computing (AWS, GCP).
Imubit provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Imubit complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Imubit does not accept or retain unsolicited CVs or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.