United States of America
03: Building 03 Windsor Locks One Hamilton Road, Windsor Locks, CT, 06096 USA
Special Test Equipment Software Developer
Job Description Section:
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
This position is for a senior Software Engineering professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise. Develops, coordinates and conducts complex tests and debugs control and diagnostic systems , makes recommendations on changes in the selection and application of software production components to management, implements major components, presents designs review, and coordinates with other organizations.
Before an engine or aircraft enters service, extensive testing of the control system hardware and software is performed. Special Test Equipment (STE) designs and maintains systems that operate in labs, aircraft and ground support facilities around the world to support the necessary testing. Test systems designed by Special Test Equipment are used throughout the development cycle of many engine and aircraft control systems including software verification testing in the lab, engine data analysis in flight, and ground testing of fielded engines. Special Test Equipment works with teams throughout Collins Aerospace. Working in Special Test Equipment will challenge and develop your skills for multi-tasking among multiple priorities and ability to work productively in a large multi-functional team.
* Develops, coordinates and conducts complex tests and debugs control and diagnostic systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
* Liaises closely with other project team members in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercials software to ensure smooth operations on software engineering activities.
* Recommends changes in the selection and application of software production components to improve and develop software engineering activities.
* Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support hardware and software product development and function.
* Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs control and diagnostic systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
* Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
* Determines end user needs by analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements and input data acquisition.
* Ensures hardware and software standards are met.
* Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support hardware and software product development and use.
* May develop software configuration standards for company-wide use.
* May train software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards.
* Includes control modeling (model based design).
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent
* Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor's degree and 7 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience
* Understanding of Linux platforms
* Computer scripting languages (preferably Bash, Perl, Python)
* Experience with Distributed real-time systems
* Proficiency with computer programming languages (preferably C, Ada, Fortran)
* Common communication protocols (preferably IEEE-1394, MIL-STD-1553, Ethernet, ARING, CANBus, RS-422)
* Hardware/software interfacing
* Performing root cause analysis to investigate issues
* Reading blueprints (hardware and electrical drawings)
* Technical writing for a customer and/or user audience
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.