Engineering • Irvine, California | San Jose, California
As a Staff Engineer - DevOps, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving the current state-of-the-art continuous integration and continuous test environment. Administration, maintenance and integration of various SW engineering collaboration tools forms essential part your day to day job.
As a resident expert in SW configuration management (Git/Bitbucket) you are expected to troubleshoot issues for Product Development team members and recommend best practices.
You are responsible for round the clock availability of collaboration tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo and Artifactory.
Release Management activities involving SW packaging, deployment, archival, release notes are also parts of DevOps engineer's work day.Educationand ExperienceSkills and Knowledge
BS/MS Computer Science or equivalent with a 5+years'experienceas DevOps engineer.
- Deep knowledge of Bitbuket/Git administration and Git flow.
- Proficient in performing git tasks like merge, pull requests, tagging, versioning, branching and rebasing.
- Expertise in Atlassian tools administration including AD authentication, SSL enablement, application data backup and recovery and application connector setup.
- Excellent Python scripting skills.
- Excellent understanding of build systems like make, cmake, ninja and maven.
- Programming experience in C/C++ and Java is desirable.
- Excellent understanding of REST API technology. Ability to develop scripts/tools that consume REST APIs.
- Excellent understanding of Linux packaging systems (DEB/RPM) to create SW packages for deployment in QA and customer environment.
- Hands on experienced in maintaining production web services and applications in public cloud.
- Administration of MySQL and PostgreSQL databases.
- Result oriented
- Team player
- Displays good judgment
- Willingness to challenge, debate and clarify assumptions
- Comfortable working in a very fast-past environment with a multi-site team