Worldpay is a global payments leader powering international commerce with deep fintech expertise and a shared passion for our customers. Whether in-store, online, or on a mobile device, we process over 40 billion transactions annually and offer more than 300 payment methods supporting 126 currencies across 146 countries. It's the perfect place for exceptional people to take their careers to the next level.The Opportunity
Worldpay's growth is due in large part to our highly-sophisticated products and services. By offering some of the most advanced and user-friendly payments processing options available, we can continue our growth by beating our competitors. Enter the need for skilled Engineers who can build the tools we need to continually improve upon our product offerings. From software to technical architecture and more, investing in our team of Engineers is investing in our future.
The Sr. DevOps Engineer supports the software engineering team in helping to build out and deploy new servers to help our eCommerce platform grow and take on new challenges. A skilled Linux developer, he/she will work on the planning and executing of the server configurations in a repeatable manner so that we can rapidly deploy new servers and services into existing environments and create whole new environments. He/She will work with both established technologies and help advance into new ones.A World of Opportunity
We're turbo-charging our industry by nurturing the fintech experts needed to help our customers prosper. We don't try to ride the winds of change. We create them. We're proud to be shaping the future of payments by supporting the growth and development of our colleagues. We provide opportunities to learn and the flexibility needed to get the job done. We strive to hire the best and to create a climate where curiosity is king. So, wherever you join us around the world, we'll empower you to fulfill your potential. If this is the kind of career experience you're looking for, we invite you to apply today.The Day-to-Day
- Application support and administration for Ansible, Puppet, SCOM, VMWARE, AD and other mission critical applications
- Assist in the design, planning and implementation of server solutions for management of multiple OS level systems
- Tune systems for maximum available performance
- Respond to and assist in production operations in a 24/7 environment.
- Provide coordinated support to developers, operations staff, system engineers, release engineers, and end-users
- Educate and mentor team members and operational staffs on developed and designed process
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Linux Operating System (RedHat, Centos, Ubuntu)
- Understanding and experience with low-latency, high-performance Linux environments
- Horizontal and vertical scaling for performance and high availability
- Advanced Linux administration and engineering
- Advanced Linux kernel and network tuning
- Vmware 5.5 and above
- Vcenter Networking
- The ability to review and build automation and configuration management
- Advanced scripting (any combination of Perl, Ruby, Bourne, Python, and others)
- Automation tools (Puppet and Ansible)
- Top-tier analytics and problem solving
- Project Management, organization, and time management
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Colleagues may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.