Sr. DevOps Engineer Centreville, VA
Parsons is seeking DevOps Engineers to support diverse and challenging systems that are evolving with the technology landscape. The DevOps Engineer is responsible for the automation and continuous integration of software build products for fielded computer systems. This is your chance to help us with a vital mission. Responsibilities
- Design, develop and maintain a DevOps framework to support build server automation, deployment of Kubernetes, administration/optimization of Kubernetes, and automation of RMF scans (ACAS/NESSUS/HP Fortify) into the software development lifecycle.
- Develop customer and team documentation of the DevOps process.
- Perform maintenance, upgrades and troubleshooting.
- Provide technical support and training to project team and customer
- Experience with Kubernetes orchestration technology
- Expert within Linux (RHEL, Centos, Ubuntu)
- Expert with Linux scripting (Bash, Python, Gawk, Perl, Groovy, etc)
- Experience with source code repository tools (GIT, SVN).
- Experience with Agile development practices
- Expert with build automation technologies (Jenkins, Gradle, GIT, SVN, Maven, Ivy, etc, etc)
- Experience with automated configuration management tools (Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef, etc)
- Experience with Artifact binary repository management (Nexus, Maven, Artifactory, etc)
- Experience with distributed platforms (Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, etc)
- Experience with OS package management systems (Yum, Apt, etc)
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Security, Information Technology or related discipline. Will consider experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must have 15+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Proof of US Citizenship is required
- Applicants must have an active TS security clearance.
- Software programming experience with Java, C++, Python,
- Experience with VMWare vSphere, vSAN and ESXi virtualization technologies
- Experience with KVM/QEMU technology
- Experience mirroring Linux repositories on a closed network
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Stash, Crowd, Confluence, etc.)
- Understanding of networked system services to include DNS, DHCP, NTP, HTTP, Log Servers, and User Authentication services
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today. Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn't the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!