Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $20 billion and approximately 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, administrate, and maintain mission critical functionalities on ecommerce websites.
- Responsible for initial design and development of new software and/or extensive software revisions.
- Define technical requirements and create high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms.
- Represent the team in cross-organizational development forums as well as customer requirements gathering and software validation and training sessions.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to understand complex problems and resolve them efficiently.
- Use prior knowledge and experience to provide functional and technical support and leadership to colleagues.
- Participate in training and orienting new software engineers as they join the team.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or equivalently technical disciplines.
- Excited about building world-class software solutions that improve lives.
- Significant understanding of object oriented design and programming.
- 5+ years of solid hands experience with Java
- Experience using Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience using Spring framework.
- Prior exposure to scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell, Perl, Bash) on Windows or Linux.
- Values simplicity in software architecture, design, and practices (TDD, DDD).
- Experience, instincts, and enthusiasm around testing and testability.
- Experience working with geographically distributed team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively document artifacts and processes then explain them to others.
- Knowledge of OOAD principles and methodologies (e.g. UML).
- Web Service design experience: SOAP Request/Response handling, authentication, REST APIs .
- Experience with databases, persistence frameworks, and SQL.
- Experience in Configuration Management tools and concepts.
- Exposure to developing multi-tier, scalable, and browser based applications in Cloud-based environment.
- Knowledge of OSGI service platform for the Java programming language that implements a complete and dynamic component model.
- Exposure to maven project object model for managing Java library dependencies and building Java bundles.
- Experience developing and maintaining applications deployed in the Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) content management system platform
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Associated topics: .net, architecture, c/c++, c#, design, develop, perl, php, project architect, senior