UST is looking for an energetic engineer who is responsible for the design, implementation and operational and security responsibilities for the company infrastructure and related applications. Additional activities include project management and vendor management, as needed.
• Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
• Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
• Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
• Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with developers to implement those fixes
• Maintain security, backup and redundancy strategies
• Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
• Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
• Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
• Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
• Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows/Linux based environments
• Solid experience in the implementation, administration and optimization of Microsoft Sever OS, VMware, Linux OS, O365, Active Directory, SQL Server
• Ability to perform Network and Firewall administration
• Understanding of information security best practices
• Experience with Power Shell and or other scripting and automation tools
Experience with Infrastructure/Application patch management and vulnerability management tools and practices
Work location: Memphis, TN, USA
Resolve complex trouble tickets spanning across different technologies and fine tune infrastructure for optimum performance and/or provide technical and people leadership (Hierarchical or Lateral)
Measures of Outcomes:
- Understand Priority and Severity based on ITIL practice resolve trouble ticket within agreed resolution SLA
- Troubleshooting based on available information from previous tickets or consulting with seniors. Participate in online knowledge forums reference.
- Convert the new steps to KB article
- Perform logical/analytical troubleshooting.
- Work on problem tickets to identify permanent solutions.
- Work on and resolve complex tickets spanning across multiple technology towers
- Escalate within organization/customer peer in case of resolution delay.
- Understand OLA between delivery layers (L1 L2 L3 etc) adhere to OLA.
- Elevate to next level work on elevated tickets from L1
- Follow up on tickets based on agreed timelines manage ticket backlogs/last activity as per defined process.
- Resolve incidents and SRs within agreed timelines. Execute change tickets for infrastructure
- Install and configure tools software and patches
- Update KB with new findings
- Document and record troubleshooting steps as knowledge base
- Collaborate with different towers of delivery for ticket resolution (within SLA resolve L1 tickets with help from respective tower.
- Collaborate with other team members for timely resolution of tickets.
- Actively participate in team/organization-wide initiatives.
- Co-ordinate with UST ISMS teams for resolving connectivity related issues
- Lead the customer and vendor calls.
- Organize meeting with different stake holders.
- Take ownership for function's internal communications and related change management.
- Define the strategy on data management policy management and data retention management. Support definition of the IT strategy for the function's relevant scope and be accountable for ensuring the strategy is tracked benchmarked and updated for the area owned.
- Thorough understanding of organization and customer defined process.
- Suggest process improvements and CSI ideas.
- Adhere to organization' s policies and business conduct.
- Proactively identify opportunities to increase service levels and mitigate any issues in service delivery within the function or across functions.
- Take accountability for overall productivity efforts within the function including coordination of function specific tasks and close collaboration with Finance.
- Coordinate and monitor IT process implementation within the function
- Support information governance activities and audit preparations within the function.
- Act as a function SPOC for IT audits in local sites (incl. preparation interface to local organization mitigation of findings etc.)
- Work closely with ISRM (Information Security Risk Management).
- Coordinate overall objective setting preparation and facilitate process in order to achieve consistent objective setting in function Job Description.
- Coordination Support for CSI across all services in CIS and beyond.
- On time completion of all mandatory training requirements of organization and customer.
- Provide On floor training and one to one mentorship for new joiners.
- Complete certification of respective career paths.
- Update FAST Goals in NorthStar track report and seek continues feedback from peers and manager.
- Set goals for team members and mentees and provide feedback.
- Assist new team members to understand the customer environment day-to-day operations and people management for example roster transport and leaves.
- Prepare weekly/Monthly/Quarterly governance review slides.
1) Good understanding of customer infrastructure and related CIs.