Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data - to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We've built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world - to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By harnessing the power of hybrid cloud data services, customers gain the freedom of choice to securely manage and move data - anywhere, on any cloud. Only NetApp can help organizations deliver data-rich customer experiences when they rapidly test and deploy new applications that easily use data and services regardless of where they reside or in what form.
Want to change how the world interacts with data? Have you cut your teeth building enterprise SaaS cloud solutions at scale? Do you know the trade-offs between open source cloud technologies such as Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Kubernetes, Swarm, etc. and when and why to use them? Are you passionate about delivering elegant solutions to complex problems to the largest enterprises on a global scale? Do you want to work with others who are out to change the way people interpret data? Do you want to join innovating, fast growing, highly profitable business?
NetApp Cloud Group Cloud Insights and OnCommand Insight (OCI) team is looking for an experienced backend engineer with SaaS/Cloud experience to join the team and help us design and build a global SaaS management solution used by largest enterprises and organizations in the world to simplify their interaction with the machine generated data across their complex data centers, private and public clouds. At NetApp you will solve the problems of visualizing and interacting with massive amount of data to deliver intelligent operational management, data analytics, and business insights. The ideal candidate has worked "in the trenches" on a major SaaS offering and has the experience and knowledge needed to avoid common design and implementation pitfalls. Strong expertise in Java and relevant cloud technologies is a requirement.
• Assist in design and implement code for product running as a full SaaS solution in public cloud environments.
• Participate in full software development lifecycle including design, coding, code reviews, unit test development, bug fixing, etc.
• Provide expert level guidance reviewing key open source Cloud technology choices and make recommendations on integration paths into product architecture.
• Provide expert level guidance on key operational requirements for SaaS solution, including deployment, monitoring, development methodologies, etc.
• Working hands-on experience building SaaS products.
• Expert level Java experience.
• Working knowledge of building compelling backend application frameworks and Java Web Applications in Client-Server environment.
• Knowledge of relational databases and SQL, preferably MySQL.
• Familiarity of NoSQL systems and working with Big Data, such as Elasticsearch, Cassandra, etc.
• Experience developing web services, messaging layer using REST, XML, WSDL, etc.
• Advanced or expert level experience in a significant variety of other open source, cloud technologies and platforms. Examples include, but may not be limited to: Hadoop MapReduce, Spark, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Flink, AWS, Azure, etc.
• Experience with Test Driven Development (JUnits, Integration testing, etc)
• Developer level Linux platform experience.
• Strong understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices.
• Creative and analytical approach to problem solving.
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
Typically requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 2 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it's the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what's important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled