DTN is a global leader providing insights and analytics to our customers to feed, fuel, and protect the world. We help people make critical business decisions that impact the agriculture, oil and gas, trading, and weather industries.
It's a difference you've likely felt without even knowing it. From the food on your plate to the gas in your car to the last flight you took, chances are a DTN customer made it possible. And that's just for starters. That's why we say, "When our customers prosper, we all win."
We are growing and need a Software Engineer within our Core Weather Content Services. This position will provide an integral role in support and expansion of advanced data solutions applied on a global scale with rock-solid 24x7 reliability. If you have a passion for cloud technologies, data pipelines, and global data solutions for high performance analytical solutions and aspirations/continued growth, this is the opportunity for you!
- Development of meteorological solutions within a cloud-based environment, particularly within DTN's radar and satellite processing systems
- Collaborate with other meteorological engineers and data scientists to establish a cohesive processing framework
- Ensure quality and data governance while providing 24x7 operations
- Continuously improve delivery of product through process refinement
- Seek out opportunities to innovate within DTN's weather solution portfolio
What you bring:
- BS degree in Atmospheric Science, or Computer Science, or related field
- Demonstrated proficiency in programming within a Linux environment
- Strong software development experience utilizing geospatial data
- A willingness to learn and apply modern software engineering and management practices
- A collaborative attitude with an attention to detail
- Experience processing meteorological geospatial grids (NetCDF, GeoTIFF, HDF5, GRIB)
- Proficiency in Python, C++
- Experience working within a cloud environment (AWS preferred)
- Familiarity with Agile (Scrum) practices
- Familiarity with the Atlassian tools (JIRA, BitBucket, Confluence)
OUR VISION: To be the independent, trusted source of insights to our customers who feed, protect, and fuel the world.
OUR MISSION: Empower our customers with intelligent and actionable insights that exceed their expectations and enable their success on a daily basis.
OUR VALUES: Customer Delight, Education, Teamwork, Colleague Focus, Innovation, Integrity
We have great benefits at DTN - apply today to find out more!
At DTN, we are an equal opportunity employer. Come join us as we help feed, fuel, and protect the world!
** DTN is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled