Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach - and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
The Air Force Distributed Common Ground Station (AF DCGS) family of programs is seeking a qualified software engineer to work modernization activities and also support higher-level R&D objectives. The qualified software engineer will be expected to work with some overarching direction and have solid software development skills including object oriented analysis and design. The engineer is expected to execute collaboratively with other developers and have familiarity with agile development processes. The primary development languages are Java and C++. Desirable experience includes:
1. Prior experience with development for Linux, Windows, and Solaris systems.
2. Prior experience developing and integrating with systems using message oriented middleware (MOM).
3. Familiarity with multi-tiered client/server architectures.
4. Experience with web facing applications.
5. Prior experience developing for the Geospatial Intelligence domain
Applicant selected may need to travel for short durations as program needs dictate.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Candidate should have skills in the following software development areas:
* Software Design
* C++ and Java Software Development
* Software Integration and Test including verification of Java
* C++ and Java based web technologies
* Object oriented analysis and design
Familiarity with the Air Force DCGS product family is a plus.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment on Agile teams
* Ability and willingness to work multiple projects to include legacy systems and R&D
* Adaptable and positive attitude to change and new concepts
* Experience working in virtual environments (VMWare, VirtualBox)
* Experience with Software/Unit Test Automation
* Knowledge of Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Continuous Test technologies.
* Experience with some or all of the following: DevOps, Terraform, Ansible, Sikuli, Eclipse, Maven, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory, JIRA, Version One, Crucible, BitBucket, Confluence, SQL, ActiveMQ, Camel, Storm, NiFi, VMware tools and administration, Docker, Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, Linux/Windows System Administration is a plus
Proficient written and communication skills. Quick thinker, fast learner/proactive, problem solver, creative, critical thinking skills. Develops solutions to assigned technical problems of limited scope. Ability to identify process deficiencies and drive process improvements to completion.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.