Software Engineer in Test - SolidFire
- Job Reference: 79711391-2
- Date Posted: 2 February 2019
- Recruiter: NetApp
- Location: Boulder, Colorado
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Education/Training
- Job Type: Permanent
SolidFire is looking for an experienced Software Engineer in Test who is passionate about testing and testability and uses that knowledge to develop innovative automated testing solutions for our state of the art storage solution. This is a high visibility role that will impact the fundamental functionality and performance of our cloud storage and HCI products. More specific responsibilities include:
* Drive test efforts from planning and development to execution and delivery.
* Participate in developing effective test strategies.
* Design and develop reliable, scalable and maintainable test automation using Python to validate complex storage features
* Communicate and collaborate with the engineering teams to develop automation processes and plans
* Diagnose, debug and perform root cause analysis of issues and defects
* Work within agile scrum teams operating in the Scaled Agile (SAFe) framework
* The candidate should be self driven, with a strong quality and development background and familiarity with test automation.
* Experience writing and executing complex functional and system level test plans, test cases and test reports.
* Experience developing complex test automation, scripts and/or automation frameworks
* Experience with Linux is a must, any other OS is a plus
* Track record of being a key contributor in successful projects
* Storage systems experience
* Software development experience with Python
* Agile/Scrum/SAFe knowledge and experience
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.