Software Engineer - Chicago
Rapidly growing proprietary trading firm with three offices in Chicago, London, & New York City, seeks Software Engineers to join its highly experienced team to develop systems that will contribute to our low-latency trading platform. Successful applicants for this position will be working closely with traders, quants and other software engineers to implement and extend the different parts of our trading infrastructure including low-latency trade execution services, tick data infrastructure, database service layers, exchange connections, back testing systems, GUIs, risk management systems, calculation and modeling engines and compliance monitoring tools. The applicant will use modern software tools in an agile project management process with a focus on continuous integration and regression testing to build highly performant code in a Linux environment. This position will be located in the Chicago office.
- Core proficiency in C+, preferably on a Linux platform
- C# knowledge is a plus
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented programming and design
- Experience with multithreading, real-time systems and socket programming
- Ultra-low latency programming experience
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python or Ruby
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Experience in finance or trading is a definite plus
- A self-motivated personality with a passion for working in a trading organization
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, physics, statistics or any quantitative-focused course
- Strong GPA (3.5 or higher)
Please note: only individuals whose qualifications match our current needs will be contacted for additional screening and/or interviews.
Thank you for your interest in XR Trading.
Chicago, Illinois, United States