Software Development Engineer Staff (Level 4)
- Job Reference: 170903588-2
- Date Posted: 1 September 2020
- Recruiter: Lockheed Martin
- Location: Palmdale, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Education/Training
- Job Type: Permanent
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
As a Staff Software Engineer your:
* Responsibilities will span the technology development lifecycle, including requirements generation, system and software design and implementation, and integration and flight test.
* Responsibilities may span the avionics services, to include ground station development as well as mission systems software technologies.
* Integration activities will include a multitude of host systems, such as live assets of varying capability and structure, simulated systems, and laboratory environments that include constructive simulations, physical hardware, and system simulations.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
A level 4 employee Typically has 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
* Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and a Top Secret clearance with Background Investigation date less than 6 years to start.*
What's In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
* Paid time off
* Work/life balance (every Friday off work!)
* Career development
* Mentorship opportunities
* Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package here.
This position is in Palmdale, CA Discover Palmdale.
* Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a STEM discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5+ years of professional experience; or 3+ years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
* Experience with programming software languages such as C, C++, Java, or a related language.
* Experience with the software development process in a team environment (peer reviews, unit testing, configuration management, defect tracking).
* Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and a Top Secret clearance to start.*
* Agile methodologies / working in an Agile development team
* Both Windows and Linux development environments
* Development of real-time systems or use of real-time operating systems (RTOS)
* Developing software for air vehicle systems
* Service Oriented Architecture development or Distrubuted Programming
* Familiarity with Git, Bitbucket, Jira, and other SW collaboration tools
* Integrating hardware and software
* Experience with C#, Python, Cmake, Shell scripting languages
* Ability to travel as needed
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.