Senior Systems Engineer
IDS believes in resolving conflict, building innovative approaches to do so. Combining operational expertise with an intimate understanding of today's greatest challenges, we bring our customers the solutions required for success in a complex and multidimensional world. IDS tailors solutions for a diverse range of government, military, nonprofit, and public-sector clients.
Outstanding past performance built IDS's reputation as the leading provider of support for multifaceted operations.
IDS International is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team support the Cybertropolis Technology Environment Platform (CTEP). The CTEP provides a one-of-a-kind platform for DoD and Joint, Interagency, Intergovernmental, and Multinational (JIIM) partners to conduct training or Research, Development, Testing & Experimentation (RDT&E) in a wide variety of emerging technology areas, but primarily related to cyberspace and cyber-electromagnetic (CEMA) operations. This position may require the employee to travel within the CONUS and to keep a flexible 40-hour week. This role sits at Camp Atterbury in Indiana.Responsibilities:
- Manage, maintain, troubleshoot, and restore hardware, operating systems, applications, and software including updates, security patches, and backups.
- Engineer, build, and configure computer networks including routing, switching, firewalls, DNS, Active Directory, VPNs, VLANs, SANs utilizing bare metal systems as well as virtualized systems (VMware).
- Collaborates with others to develop the best way to tackle complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problems.
- Participates in architecture and software development activities.
- Tier 2 engineering and administration support for customer events, as required.
- Working in ambiguous environment and collaborating across multiple areas.
- Windows and Linux enterprise systems engineering and administration experience.
- Experience working with a wide variety of technology including but not limited to: Cellular systems, camera systems, Industrial Control Systems, Internet of Things (IoT) devices, building management systems, and radio frequency (RF) communications devices.
- Meet IAT Level 2 requirements of DoD 8570.1M by holding one of the following:
- CCNA Security
- CySA+ **
- Security+ CE
- CND or
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in network operations
- Hold or be able to acquire an interim Top Secret clearance within 30 days of hire.
- Maintain active Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance.
- Operational experience in Cyberspace Operations and/or Information Warfare
- Cellular and Industrial Control Systems engineering and administration experience.
- Experience with containers and container orchestration services, automation, provisioning, and imaging, with products such as Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Chef, FOG Projects, etc.
- Exercise design, test and evaluation, modeling, and simulations, as well as research and development familiarity.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Cloud, physical, and virtual network engineering experience required.
- Experience with hypervisors such as VMware, CypherPath, KVM, etc.
Benefits eligibility may vary based on project site or contract but typical benefits are listed below.IDS's competitive benefit package starts you off out on the right foot. Eligibility begins day one.
- Health and Well-being - 100% of employee medical and other insurance premiums are paid by IDS.
- Financial Future - 401(k) with an industry leading match and no waiting period. You are fully vested in all contributions from the start.
- Paid Leave - Generous time off accruals for you to take paid leave, totaling five weeks.
- Professional Development - networking opportunities, informal mentoring, education reimbursement and access to thousands of online professional development resources.
- Casual, fun, and supportive work environment with all the tools and amenities you need to thrive.
Must be an effective communicator both verbally and in writing. Most positions require ability to work on a desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time. Computer activities include reading, reviewing and analyzing information, as well as providing recommendations, summaries, and reports in written or verbal format. Additionally, positions require ability to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; as well as speak and hear.
Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.
If you are unable to apply through the portal and need to speak to someone about necessary accommodations to apply, please email and we will follow up with you. Do not submit resumes and applications through this email.
Powered by JazzHR