OPPDs Technology and Security division is looking to add Senior Software Systems Engineers (SSE) to the Digital Transformation team in support of its mission of providing reliable, affordable, and environmentally sensitive energy services for our community. A new pillar within our technology division, Digital Transformation, will focus on increasing Operations Efficiency, Supporting Workforce Collaboration, and Enhancing the Customer Experience. Within this new pillar, we need digital professionals that are passionate about the design, development, and integration of new technologies. Being at the infancy stage of this transformation, it will give our SSE's the ability to make a significant impact on the way we do business.
Some key projects on the horizon of the digital transformation roadmap include:
- Enterprise Geographical Information System
- Enterprise Asset Management
- Web & Mobile Presence
- Energy Market & Trading Platform
- Enterprise Portfolio Management
- Voice of the Customer/District
The ideal candidate will have a broad understanding of the field including operating systems, infrastructure, networking, and security, but that will just get you in the door. What will separate you from the pack is demonstration expertise with the following languages, tools, and technologies:
- Java, .NET, RAML & Swagger
- Mulesoft, PaaS, SaaS
- Middleware platforms, API services, data models, etc.
The District is embarking on a massive digital transformation, and in order to pull it off, we need the best. You can expect to dig into a rewarding career with one of the most reputable employers in the entire state of Nebraska. We care about our employee's well-being; not only are we committed to providing a fair salary, but will also load you up with one of the most competitive benefits packages in the region. Last but not least, you'll be coming to work for a company where our mission, vision, and values are more than just a piece of paper. Because of our unique position, we get to live them out every day and leave every night knowing the work we put in is worth doing.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science or related field, or a combination of education and work experience that provides the necessary skills to perform the essential job functions.
- Two (2) years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience in installation, configuring and integrating systems.
- Experience in software development and coding.
- Strong knowledge of at least one development language.
- Strong knowledge of personal computer software and hardware, particularly Windows 10, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office product suite, Active Directory and Exchange.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are required, including the ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively with minimum supervision. Requires exceptional organizational skills, problem solving skills, and flexibility in changing priorities.
- Be a team player with the ability to share knowledge and develop colleagues for the overall benefit of the team and organization.
- Familiar with tools and platforms such as Jira GIT, Jenkins, Ansible.
- Familiar with Middleware (ex. Mulesoft, NextAxiom, Weblogic).
- Familiar with Linux or Windows servers.
Salary Grade: S5 Minimum: $88,710 Maximum: $133,064 Where the Light Starts
What does it mean to be the source of light? On a basic level, it means operating from a place of honesty and integrity. It's how we achieve things. How we provide affordable, reliable, environmentally sensitive energy. Because it matters. We've pledged to serve, honor, and care
for this community. That means the 13 counties we service, and it means one another. It means the people right here at OPPD proudly comprised and welcoming of every creed, race, age, orientation, and color
. Being where the light starts means showing up for each other and the people we serve. Doing the right thing even when no one's watching. We're proud of our commitment. We reward creative problem solving.
We recognize that consistency and reliability are tremendous resources. That providing these things to the community and each other is a privilege. Because we are leading the way the future is powered. We are the source of light.
Out there. In here. Everywhere.
Org Marketing Statement
EOE: Protected Veterans/Disability
How To Apply
Apply online at on or before August 14, 2022. Recruiter: Laura Fritson -