Atakama is a new solution for protecting files without passwords. Our product elegantly combines advanced encryption schemes with a seamless, password-free user experience to provide file-level security that operating systems and cloud service providers don't offer.
Through encryption of data-at-rest, Atakama makes people and companies secure. Our intuitive UX/UI does not impede user performance and existing work-flows. Atakama is built for enterprise and SMB but designed for users of most skill levels.
Atakama is both our product and our company name. The core technologies we have built for protecting files will be extended over time to protect other types of data (email, database content, etc.) as part of future products.
As a developer on our team you'd help architect and build various product features, working directly with the CTO and the rest of the team in our awesome office located in midtown Manhattan. We are an agile shop running multi-week sprints with daily standups.
We're seeking someone who is passionate about building high quality software that is intuitive and efficient to use, visually appealing and inspires end user delight. If you would like to work with people that make brave decisions and who recognize that team strength comes from diverse and inclusive thinking and behaviors, then this would be a great opportunity to grow both technically and as an individual through experience and education.
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals: BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Proficiency with SQL, Git
- Experience with unit testing and CI tools: we embrace the thorough code-testing practices
- Experience using Linux-based systems for servers
Other nice-to-have skills:
- An interest in cryptography and a desire to get into the weeds
- Proficiency with ReactNative, Qt, AWS
- DevOps experience
- Back end web experience: data management, networking, worker queues, message queues
- Experience with FUSE and other virtual file systems
Characteristics we seek in new team members:
- Self-starter who can prioritize development milestones and work independently
- Patience and willingness to debug and fix code thoroughly
- Skepticism of one's own solution
- Ask questions and know what software to investigate in the first place (think "measure twice, cut once")
- You want to be at the forefront of the next revolution in cybersecurity
- Team player who wants to help the company succeed
- Flexible and creative mindset with strong problem-solving skills
- You embrace the nature of a startup; company culture is critical to us
- This is a full time position in our New York City office
- At this time, we are only interviewing candidates who are either already located in the New York area or interested in moving to the New York City area
- Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate remote work for this position
- Candidates must be fully authorized to work in the US and must be able to begin work before January 31, 2019
What we offer:
- The necessary resources to succeed
- Competitive salary and equity
- Career advancement opportunities
- Premium healthcare, dental, and vision
- Gym membership
- Pantry stocked with healthy and no-so-healthy snacks
- Awesome HQ located in midtown Manhattan