Sr. Programmer Analyst
Gravic Inc. is currently seeking a Sr. Programmer Analyst to join our team in Malvern, PA 19355.
Who We Are:
- Gravic, Inc. is a world leader in providing innovative data collection, transformation, and distribution solutions. For over 35 years, our software product groups have produced technologically advanced solutions that improve the businesses and personal lives of our over 100,000 customers and tens of thousands of OEM end-user licensees.
- We make a number of computer software products for data collection, transformation, and distribution uses. Customers for our Remark products are in the following areas: universities and colleges, government, medicine, K-12 schools, corporations and non-profits. Customers for our Shadowbase products include the data centers of brokerages, travel agencies, stock exchanges, electric utilities and telcos.
Gravic, Inc. is a growing software development company. We specialize in providing data collection and database replication technology solutions to our customers for their mission-critical business needs. Our core purpose is to Improve Society Through Innovation and you will be part of a software development team that will directly contribute to Gravic's growth and success. We are company that values people who want to learn new skills and use them on innovative applications that help society.
What You'll Do:
- Assists in the design and architecture of new product features and product enhancements.
- Consults with managerial and systems analysis personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, suggest changes, and determine extent of programming and coding required.
- Develops programs from workflow charts or diagrams, considering factors such as computer storage capacity and speed, extent of peripheral equipment, and intended use of output data.
- Analyzes test runs on computer to correct or direct correction of coded program and input data.
- Revises or directs revision of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Staffs, trains and supervises team of product development personnel to develop software products.
- Assists in the preparation of product requirement documents and the implementation and tracking of development timelines.
- Trains subordinates in programming and program coding.
- Prescribes standards for terms and symbols used to simplify interpretation of programs.
- Prepares records and reports.
- May assign, coordinate, and review work of programming personnel.
- May consult with client to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Writes documentation or reviews documentation written by others that describes installation and operating procedures.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about programs.
- May train end users or technical support staff to use programs.
- May install and test programs at client site.
- Meets or exceeds the goals listed on the Company's Key Results Plans.
- Consistently demonstrates alignment with the Gravic Way.
- Instills alignment of subordinates with the Gravic Way.
Our Ideal Candidate:
Education and Experience
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of object-oriented application development experience in C/C++.
- Development experience in one or more of the following databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MySQL or Sybase.
- Development experience targeting one or more of the following platforms: Windows, SUSE Linux, RedHat Linux, Solaris, AIX, or HP-UX.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies a plus.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
- Self-starter who can lead a team.
- Formal project lifecycle experience with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Related professional certifications such as Oracle or MS SQL Server are a plus.
What We Offer:
- Competitive pay; commensurate with experience
- Benefits package is available
Please submit your resume via the "APPLY NOW" button
Equal Opportunity Employer
Senior Programmer Analyst, Sr. Programmer Analyst, Programmer Analyst, Lead Programmer Analyst