The HondaJet brand is built on a Legacy of innovation and technological refinement that you will be responsible for continuing by leading the people, processes, and tools to meet the Aircraft Loads analysis needs of Honda Aircraft Company. You will be responsible for the creation of vehicle flight & ground loads (static, fatigue and dynamic), structural stiffness requirements, acoustics analysis and system dynamic loads that will be utilized to support development and certification activities of current and future aircraft platforms, in accordance with all regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a Loads and Dynamics Subject Matter Expert, internally and with the Certification Authorities
- Optimize the load generation and analysis processes to improve time-to-market.
- Manage concurrently multiple projects of various magnitude and complexity levels
- Manage team's budget and operating plan to meet Program needs
- Become an active member of an Integrated Product Development Team (IPT)
- Promote a spirit of cross-functional collaboration
- Guide and mentor a team of talented engineers that are responsible for:
- The creation of domestic analysis tools and processes
- The creation and utilization of simulation models using state-of-the-art engineering tools
- The generation, analysis and interpretation of load and acoustic data that will be consumed by the Engineering Teams
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
You've been working as a Loads Analyst within aviation for 10 years with 5 years of people leadership in the area. As a leader, you have built strong managerial and communication skills that allow you to work collaboratively at all levels of the organization. You have a Bachelor's degree in Aerospace/Aeronautical/Mechanical Engineering but preferably have also acquired a Master's or PhD. In addition to your strong education, you are also well versed in a wide spectrum of analytical tools such as: Unix/Linux, FORTRAN, C/C+, MATLAB, VBA, MSC/NASTRAN, MSC/PATRAN, MSC/FLIGHTLOADS and/or Python. In addition, you possess a deep level of understanding of the processes, requirements and techniques required to develop and analyze static and dynamic load data.
Honda Aircraft Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, disability, genetic information/family medical history, military service, veteran or N.C. National Guard status, sickle cell trait or hemoglobin C trait, or any other legally protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.