Senior Linux Administrator - Chicago
Rapidly growing proprietary trading firm with offices in Chicago, London, & New York City, seeks to add a Senior Linux Administrator to join its team. The ideal candidate will have worked within the financial industry with a robust background in Linux design, implementation and support. The candidate will be added to an existing IT team where they will interact with all IT functional areas (e.g. architecture, design, network engineering, Helpdesk/Desktop support, application development and support). The candidate will be working in a dynamic, heterogeneous environment and must have an extensive technical background including experience in troubleshooting, monitoring, maintenance and networking. The successful candidate must be highly self-motivated, excel at multitasking, and comfortable working in a demanding, state of the art trading environment.
- Assist in designing, implementing and supporting a 24/7 Linux trading environment
- Linux deployment, administration, performance tuning, monitoring
- Automate any and all tasks that can be automated
- Datacenter management
- On-call for overnights, weekends and holidays on a rotational basis with openness to change
- Support other key initiatives as the business dictates
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be able to thoroughly document implementations, modifications and removals
- Highly organized, self-motivated, able to multi-task, able to work independently as well as a team player
- Must be willing to work some weekend shifts in support of maintenance and participate in On-call for overnights, weekends and holidays on a rotational basis with openness to change duties
- Must have operations experience in 24/7 environments
- Fluent in Python and Shell Scripting, with experience implementing automation and monitoring using shell scripting and other related tools
- Experience with Linux build automation tools such as puppet, chef, satlstack, etc.
- Ability to manage build environment, including familiarity with source control and standard build tools (make, ant)
- Thorough knowledge (5+ years) of Linux (CentOS, Debian and/or Redhat) architecture, deployment, administration, networking, performance monitoring/tuning, security hardening, troubleshooting and production operations
- Experience with packet sniffing applications (snort, wireshark, netmon, etc.)
- Strong system configuration experience (Altiris, Puppet or CFEngine)
- Strong knowledge of Kickstart procedures
- System monitoring experience (SNMP, Nagios, Cacti, HP OpenView, Dell Open Manage, etc.)
- Strong Linux/Unix networking knowledge required (knowledge of Cisco and IOS a plus)
- Experience with Source code control systems, and bug tracking systems like JIRA
- Advanced TCP/IP and multicast knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year university
- Computer Science, Information Science or related technical field
- Strong GPA (3.5 or higher)
Please note: only individuals whose qualifications match our current needs will be contacted for additional screening and/or interviews.
Thank you for your interest in XR Trading.
Chicago, Illinois, United States