Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands ofpeople to take on our nation's most important work. We are a companyfounded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a singlepromise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Ourteam of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators andarchitects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continuallypush ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to thechanging landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S.government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and stateand local markets. Our high-caliber employees in many ways rewarded - throughnot only competitive salaries and benefits packages, but also through theopportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects thatmatter.
Perspecta'stalented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to theteam. Let us make an impact together.
We at Perspecta are currently seeking an Senior Linux Systems Engineer - SECRET CLEARANCE.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for providingcomprehensive Linux administration in an enterprise environment. Must be ableto install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade and document all aspectsof the of the Linux architecture. Must be able to perform optimization andperformance testing, provide technical support for incident response andreporting and provide on-call support as needed. Must be able to implement andmaintain a secure Linux server environment in compliance with all IA and DoDSTIG guidelines.
· Teamplayer, strong written and verbal communications skills
· Abilityto troubleshoot problems, work as both a team and/or as a self-directedindividual, client-facing experience, self-disciplined and ability tomulti-task
· Abilityto train other team members on the applications, proper procedures, problemisolation
· Abilityto develop instructions in a logical, detailed flow
Extensive Shell scripting experience is required
- Eight years of technical experienceadministering Linux in an Enterprise environment is a must have.
- · Experience in applications softwaredevelopment for complex business applications using Agile Developmentmethodology and techniques are desirable
- · Completed Bachelor degree in ComputerScience or related field.
- Four years of additional general experience may besubstituted for a Bachelor's Degree
- · Strong understanding of Satellite &RHEL patching
- · Experienced in scripting skills: Perl,Python, Korn/Bash, etc.
- · EMC Networker, Avamar, DPA experience ahuge pluse
- · Experience in Network operations anddesign, switches, routers, and firewalls
- · Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentationstandards is desired
- · Possess a SECRET clearance or have theability to get one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on thecontract
- · Must be able to obtain a Security that isenrolled into the CompTIA Continuing Education program before start date
- · Secondary certification in relevant to thecomputing environment - Red Hat Certification will be required forthese positions
- · Must sign privileged level accessagreement