Battelle delivers when others can't. We conduct research and development, manage laboratories, design and manufacture products and deliver critical services for our clients-whether they are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government agency.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Battelle is currently seeking a Senior IT Auditor; the position is located in Columbus, OH. Also willing to consider other locations.
Performs IT audits under the direct guidance of the Internal Audit leadership. Audit areas may include all aspects of IT operations; compliance with policies and regulations; safeguarding of assets; and identification of any irregularities, fraud, and other acts that pose significant risks to Battelle. Reviews work performed by IT Auditors and contributes to significant projects.
- Works with the Audit team to plan, organize and execute IT, information security, operational and compliance related internal audits and assessments with a focus on identifying potential control gaps and process weaknesses and developing recommended action plans.
- Leads walkthroughs, reviews documentation, and analyzes system configurations to gain a comprehensive understanding of IT systems design and architecture. Uses this understanding to document process flows or other workpapers that would aid in explaining complex system processes, controls, and weaknesses to others at varying levels of technical IT knowledge.
- Executes or assists with reviews of internal policies and procedures to evaluate compliance with state and federal laws and government regulations (e.g., DFARS , NIST 800-171, NIST 800-53, etc.).
- Ensures audit work papers are documented in a consistent and high-quality manner within established timelines.
- Performs first level review of audit work performed by IT Auditors to assess completeness and consistency with audit expectations and quality requirements.
- Prepares draft audit reports.
- Conducts special reviews and projects as requested by management and/or the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Collaborates with Internal Audit SMEs in the conduct of investigations.
- Leads annual IT risk assessment process and its use in creating the IT audit plan.
- Participates in select steering committees/working groups for significant projects to help ensure IT control considerations are included early and frequently throughout the duration of the project.
- Builds relationships with key stakeholders across various functions to remain knowledgeable of developments across the organization and ensure recommendations and action items resulting from reviews are implemented.
- Supports the accomplishment of Internal Audit's strategic goals and objectives.
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Accounting or Finance; five years of audit experience; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in a related field.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Department of Defense Secret clearance.
- Familiarity with professional security frameworks and standards (COSO, COBIT, NIST, ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, CIS Critical Security Controls, DFARS, etc.).
- Familiarity with a variety of systems (Windows, Linux, Active Directory, etc.)
- Familiarity with auditing standards (IPPF, Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Comfortable working in a team environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong awareness of current cyber security and hacking trends with a commitment to continuous learning to stay current regarding applicable strategies and regulatory and legal requirements.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED
- Prior experience risk advisory, and internal controls.
- Professional certification (CISA, CISSP, CIA, etc.) or progress toward certification preferred. Technical certification along with CPA is a plus.
- Working knowledge and understanding of professional security frameworks and standards (COSO, COBIT, NIST, ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, CIS Critical Security Controls, DFARS, etc.)
- Experience developing strategies and methodologies for utilizing data analytics in an audit environment.
- Hands on administration experience with a variety of systems (Windows, UNIX, Mainframe, AD, RACF, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, Access, and/or Visio.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.
Battelle's competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit