SnapIoT's (a Covance/LabCorp company) platform, SnapClinical, is the industry's only self-service mClinical platform that scales the development & deployment of patient-centric mobile solutions. snapIoT relieves Sponsors and CROs from outdated eCOA/ePRO and technology-enabled services providers that work inefficiently in unscalable, siloed models. Our platform deploys solutions up to 5x faster and up to 9x less cost than traditional solutions and allows Sponsors and CROs control of their delivery timelines.
SnapIoT (a Covance/LabCorp company) is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer that b uilds and sets up development tools and infrastructure to automate and improve the efficiency, quality, and effectiveness of product engineering teams. Responsible for the automation of builds, testing, deployment, health and performance monitoring of highly available applications in a cloud environment. Provides subject matter expertise on the tools and best practices associated, but not limited to the following:
- Analyze current technology utilized within the company and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them
- Contribute to the implementation and enhancements to the CI/CD pipeline
- Mentor and train other engineers throughout the Organization
- Seek to continually improve DevOps processes
- Set up and administrate Monitoring and Alerting
- Automate operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
- Establish DevOps Engineer team best practices.
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes.
BS/BA in Computer Science or BS/BA in another related field with 2 year Associate degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of DevOps experience
- Strong proficiency & working knowledge in one or more automation framework such as Chef, puppet, Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Proficiency in one or more Scripting languages such as python(preferable),
- Proficiency and working experience in operating/administering in AWS
- Clear understanding in the CICD process
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins (preferred)/Travis
- Experience with Git. Bitbucket(preferred)/Github
- Strong Linux/Unix experience
- Experience in networking and other data-center technologies
- Experience setting up and administering Monitoring & Alerting (preferred to have knowledge/experience with Splunk, Datadog, and CloudWatch)
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills
- Experience in supporting enterprise solutions, spanning multiple geographic zones
- Experience/knowledge in relational databases (such as Mysql, Oracle, etc)
- Extensive experience with agile development methodologies and processes required
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with others effectively
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Strong understanding of DevOps