- Job Reference: 85495145-2
- Date Posted: 9 April 2019
- Recruiter: The Friedkin Group
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Education/Training
- Job Type: Permanent
The Security Architect III is a key part of the Agile development team that is responsible for building and maintaining enterprise-grade software in the automotive finance and insurance domain. They are responsible for directing the team's work and managing team members. They act as an example to the team members, collaborate closely with customers, and remove or escalate impediments. Additionally, they apply their knowledge of software design principles, systems programming, algorithms, data structures, and multiple programming languages as a daily contributor.
The ideal candidate will be able to actively sponsor continuous improvement within the team, the department, and the company. They will be able to have significant methodology experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban. Furthermore, they will take responsibility for managing a self-organizing team comprised of cross-functional, high-performing associates.
* Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats
* Review existing security measures and recommend and implement enhancements
* Establish and maintain a security incident management playbook
* Identify vulnerabilities in existing and proposed architectures and solutions and recommend and implement changes or enhancements
* Establish and conduct breach of security drills
* Design and implement enterprise-class security systems for the production environments
* Train and educate others in IT security practices
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge of emerging security practices and threats by participating in professional education, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
* B.S. or M.S. in computer science or a related field, with academic knowledge of IT security and 10 plus years of relevant professional experience, or equivalent combination of education and or experience
* Direct participation in the design, implementation, deployment, and maintenance of three or more large-scale IT security projects
* Proficient with Identity and Access Management (IAM) frameworks, policies, and technologies
* Real-world experience security and monitoring PaaS/SaaS and cloud-based computing platforms such as Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
* Windows and Linux operating system usage and administration
* Familiarity with NIST, ISO27001, COBIT, and COSO standards
* One or more of the following certifications:Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
* Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
* Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
* Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP)
* Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP)
* Self-driven with strong communication and collaboration skills
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED
* Experience with document-oriented databases such as MongoDB and CouchDB
* Experience with service bus and messaging technologies such as NServiceBus, Amazon SQS, MSMQ, and RabbitMQ
* Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of the job, the associate is required on a daily basis to analyze and interpret data, communicate, and remain in a stationary position for a significant amount of the work day; and frequently access, input, and retrieve information from the computer and other office productivity devices. The associate is regularly required to move about the office and around the corporate campus. The associate is occasionally required to travel to other sites, including out-of-state, where applicable, for business. The associate must frequently move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While the job is generally performed in an office environment, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, areas in which moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals are present, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the office environment is typically quiet, but the associate may be occasionally exposed to loud noise levels.
Minimal travel is required for this position (up to 20% of the time and on a domestic basis).
Is legally able to work in the United States.
The Friedkin Group and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled