The Defense Group at Employer is seeking a Telecommunications Specialist to provide troubleshooting, installation and support for the Warfighter Information Network-Tactical Increment 1 (WIN-T Inc. 1) at Fort Hood, TX. The WIN-T Inc. 1 is a communications network that provides the Army Warfighter with voice, data and video capabilities for use in a tactical environment, utilizing primarily commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) equipment. The system includes the following equipment: Unit Hub Node, Regional Hub Node, Single Shelter Switch (SSS), Joint Network Nodes (JNN), Battalion Command Post Nodes (BnCPN), Network Operations (NetOps), JNN and BnCPN Satellite Transportable Terminals (STTs), and Master Reference Terminals (MRTs). Responsibilities:New Equipment and Field Operations Support:
- Configure and install various network devices and services to include Routers, gateways, Cisco ASA Firewalls, Linux and Windows Operating Systems, and knowledge of Virtual Infrastructure.
- Routing: Set-up, Troubleshoot and understand OSFP, DMVPN and Multicast
- Satellite Communications: Set-up, troubleshoot and understand NCC Operations, Linkway, Raydyne, FDMA and NCW modem operations.
- Troubleshooting and resolving LAN/WAN network related problems.
- Provide technical expertise for performance and configuration of networks.
- Coordinate with Government customers to prepare and maintain TPF and NET plans for current and future systems.
- Create customized training plans based on current systems, new system upgrades, and mission-specific requirements.
- Provide delivery of instruction through both field and classroom training/operation.
- When required, work shall be done at night and in inclement weather.
- When applicable, coordinate classroom set-up to support each individual class.
- Provide modernization instruction on the operations and maintenance of supported systems, standard and non-standard systems and equipment.
- Serve as primary fielders, installers, instructors, assistant instructors, and/or demonstrators.
- Participate in formal training and self-instruction/use on complimentary systems and protocols to increase the breadth of systems competency for training and fielding requirements.
- Continue education through self-study and other methods to maintain instructor certification status, as applicable.
- Trainers shall attend instructor qualification training or other specialized training conducted at various CONUS or OCONUS locations.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Military Occupation Specialty (MOS) code in lieu of Degree
- Minimum 4 years hands on experience on related WIN-T systems
- Knowledge of Switching/Routing
- Knowledge of Communications Security
- Knowledge of Satellite Communications
- Skilled in the set-up, troubleshooting and understanding of Virtual Machine Infrastructure (VMWare VCP-DCV), set-up, troubleshoot and understand the various WIN-T assemblages
- Skilled in the set-up, troubleshooting and understanding of NCC Operations, Linkway, Raydyne, FDMA and NCW modem operations.
- Skilled in the set-up, troubleshooting and understanding BGP, OSFP, DMVPN, Multicast
- Develop guidance on program planning, position management, contingency/emergency planning, position management, work measurement, and productivity improvement.
- Assist the project manager in evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of major program operations throughout an agency.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+)
- Other computer certifications ie A+, Network plus, Server+, CCNA etc.