Career Focus in one or more areas of; Networking, Helpdesk and Microsoft Windows PCs
* Installs, builds, configures, tests and troubleshoots personal computer and Telecom hardware/software, laptop hardware/software, printers and all related peripherals.
* Monitors equipment inventory as received from vendors and assembles systems as required.
* Configures personal computer installations to match hospital standards and individual workstation requirements.
* Assists customers with computer hardware, software and peripheral problems while providing excellent customer service.
* Provides audio/visual equipment setup and teardown, as well as technical support for the organization.
* Performs routine duties including maintaining/monitoring inventory, systems, interfaces and backups, executing jobs, and performing assigned shift work.
* Provides On-Call after hours support, as needed.
* Assisting in automation systems for OS Imaging, Patch Management and deployment streamlining.
* Test, image and clean PCs, laptop, monitors, printers, and other related hardware.
* Maintain, analyze, and troubleshoot, software and computer peripherals.
* Take all Service desk calls and escalate issues to appropriate resources according to ITIL and department standards.
* Assure that all tickets requiring follow up work and/or calls receive appropriate attention.
* Provide technical support to end users via telephone or desk side, as required.
* High attention to detail in ticket escalation and problem resolution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
* Answer, evaluate and prioritize incoming calls, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking and other computer-related technologies.
* Follows proper WMH ITIL processes based on incidents, requests, and problems.
* Assist users by answering questions regarding common applications used in the hospital
* Interviews customers to collect information about the reported problem and directs customers through diagnostic procedures to determine source of problem.
* Handles problem recognition, research, isolation of potential causes, resolution and follow-up.
* Based on customer information, makes an initial determination as to whether issue is a result of hardware, software or customer problems.
* Provides a resolution to the customers reported problem or assigns problem to the level-3 support team as appropriate.
Software System Knowledge
* Possess knowledge of organization's software environment including, but not limited to, Microsoft OS (XP/Windows 7/Windows 8) Active Directory, SQL, Office 2010, Nortel Voice Communications, Meditech HCIS, and user management tools.
* Maintain expertise of software applications through training (onsite and offsite), documentation review and hands-on experience.
* Extensive knowledge of PCs and WMH Desktop including a wide-variety of knowledge printers, peripherals and computer networking.
* Maintain proficiency with equipment in the organization's hardware environment.
* Perform computer operations duties as necessary, according to department policies and procedures.
* Distribute computer output as required to the organization in a timely and professional manner.
* Monitor system message queue - escalating issues to the appropriate personnel
* Monitor backup status and results
* Assist users by resetting passwords on authorized systems.
* Coordinates loaner laptop equipment pool and audiovisual projector requests.
* Collect and maintain hardware/software inventory
* Proactively provide the Network Manager with operational information related to reported customer problems, system availability and other trouble incidents.
* Log and track calls according to IS standards using the ticket tracking system, and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
* Maintaining current knowledge of the proper ITIL processes based on incidents, requests, and problems.
* Document key data into ticket to ensure that on call team has the data required to properly resolve the incident. Maintains the ticket documentation.
* Responsible for email communication regarding Sev 1 incidents and possibly other severity incidents as deemed appropriate by Network Manager.
* Peforms follow-up customer surveys to ensure problems were resolved in a satisfactory manner.
* Is responsible for keeping the Operations and Systems Problem manual current.
* Works with the Network Manager and Network Analysts to create required documentation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Education or equivalent - Associates degree or 3-5 years' experience preferred
* Certification - A+ and Network + or MCP
* Intermediate level experience in troubleshooting PC network technologies
* Intermediate knowledge of Active Directory and User Management
* Intermediate monitoring of LINUX/ UNIX/Windows servers' resource usage
* Competent in troubleshooting hardware and software problems on Linux, UNIX and Windows OS
* Ability to analyze alert messages from Solarwinds and escalate issues.
* Create, modify and close service request, incident and problem tickets using Track-IT
* Ability to join computers to a Windows Domain and connect computers to a wireless network
* Intermediate understanding of TCP/IP configuration on end user PCs.
* Intermediate understanding of network protocols, such as DHCP, DNS, WINS etc.
* Familiarity with WAN circuits: DS0, DS1, ISDN, & DS3 and PRI circuits
* Ability to create and maintain databases of PC and device inventories
* Healthcare environment experience; ITIL process experience.