RQ143456 Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret/SCI Public Trust/Other Required:
None Job Family:
Systems Administration Skills:
Active Directory (AD),Integration Solutions,VMware vSphere Certifications:
CompTIA - Security+ CE - CompTIA Experience:
5 + years of related experience US Citizenship Required:
Yes Job Description:
and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges. The NCIS program is searching for a System Integrator
to join their team in Quantico, VA
The Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS)
is an organization of over 2,200 personnel of which 700 serve at HQ and the remaining staff serve at offices worldwide. NCIS is the Department of Navy (DON)
component with primary responsibility for criminal investigation, law enforcement (LE), counterterrorism (CT), counterintelligence (CI), and cyber matters. NCIS not only has primary responsibility for all criminal investigative, CI, CT, and cyber matters within the DON, but it also has exclusive investigative jurisdiction in non-combat matters involving actual, potential, or suspected criminal, terrorism, sabotage, espionage, and subversive activities.
This position is part of the IT Technology Operations division within the NCIS ITD organization and performs the following responsibilities/functions on the POM network:
- Integrated experience in working with various Microsoft based applications and services to include Active Directory, DNS, SQL Server, Exchange 2016 & 2019, Windows Server 2016/2019, Windows Server Update Services, etc.
- Daily operational experience with VMware vCenter for virtual machine management
- Supports enterprise storage capacity planning and remediation
- Administer web servers, IIS and Apache
- Supports admin and user backup and recovery requests along with storage engineer
- Familiarity with Citrix Virtual Desktop Infrastructure for desktop deployments
- Implements STIG releases across a variety of operating systems and applications
- Tracks and remediates IAVM vulnerabilities
- Manages ACAS vulnerability reports and remediates as required
- Performs software upgrades, patch installs, and firmware upgrades
Desirable Technology Experience
- BS degree ; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- 7+ years of systems administration experience
- Requires a firm understanding of the following technologies:
- MS SQL Server 2012/2016/2019
- Basic network troubleshooting experience for system connectivity
- DoD system accreditation process
- STIG checklist review process to include SCAP scans and implementation
- Group Policy Management administration to include policy creation and maintenance
- Improving system operations and functionality, monitoring, and optimization of servers and workstations
- Top Secret clearance
WHAT CAN GDIT OFFER YOU?
- Red Hat Ent Linux, CentOS
- Storage, NetApp CDOT
- Excellent customizable health benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 401K with company match
- Educational Assistance and eLearning
- Flexible work week
- Internal mobility team dedicated to employee advancement
- Rewards and Recognition programs
- Innovative and collaborative environment encouraging of highly motivated critical thinking
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.