At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Missile Defense National Team is looking for a Mid-Level Cybersecurity Engineer
to join the team in Colorado Springs, CO
and Huntsville, AL
As a Missile Defense Mid-Level Cybersecurity Engineer, you will support the development, integration, verification, and test of the C2BMC. C2BMC National Team program is the system integration piece of the Ballistic Missile Defense System which defends the United States homeland and its regional allies all over the world. Be a part of our passionate and highly-motivated team who are excited to be on the forefront of defense of our nation. You will split your responsibilities between directly assigned technical assignments and providing guidance and input to the work of junior team members.Position Responsibilities:
This position requires candidate acceptance by industry partner resource control board.This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.) Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Member of a fast pace Agile Team supporting system security across the C2BMC Baseline
- Support the C2BMC program with protection of information assets through the prevention of network attacks; the evaluation of system security capabilities; the assessment of vulnerabilities and risk, the detection of exploits
- Development of threat response and risk mitigation plans and the engagement of countermeasures and network monitoring capabilities; performs limited penetration testing and routine exploit analysis
- Analyzes architecture and system functionality for multiple technologies
- Performs automated vulnerability testing; evaluates system security configurations
- Contributes to the development and evaluation of attack scenarios; evaluates findings and conducts root cause analysis
- Prepares and delivers technical reports and briefings.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Currently possess a Technical Bachelor's, Master's or a PhD degree (A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study).
- DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA)
- 1+ years' experience in conducting Information Assurance risk and vulnerability assessments
- 1+ years' experience in cybersecurity policies and implementation of Risk Management Framework (RMF): e.g. DAAPM, CNSSI 1253, ICD-503, JSIG, or NIST SP 800 series.
- 4+ years of work related experience in Cybersecurity
- Experience in Agile development methodologies is highly desirable.
- Experience working with Virtualized Systems (i.e. VMWare) design and implementation
- Experience with Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP), Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) and NESSUS
- Security engineering skills with a working knowledge of Information Assurance (IA) technology, NIST standards, DoDI 8500.2 and SP 800-53
- Recent hands on Assessment & Authorization (A&A) experience creating DIACAP and/or RMF accreditation packages
- Strong working knowledge of IA concepts such as patch management, two-factor authentication, host-based security, intrusion detection, security event management and defense-in-depth
- Experience in security architecture design, Security Audit tools, security requirements generation, security testing, administration of security devices such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- A strong understanding of Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS), HBSS, ACAS, Software Assurance techniques & tools. Additionally, experience with security products such as vulnerability scanning and network assessment tools
- Technical document preparation skills and verbal communications for presentation of technical information assurance issues and reports to government and military officials
- Network design and software engineering backgrounds are a plus
- Experience installing, and testing patches on Windows and Linux platforms
- Able to detect IA vulnerabilities through Nessus scanning and POA&M reporting
- Knowledge of the following VMWare systems administration and installing and configuring VMWare is a plus
- BDS Engineering Candidates Desired
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.Relocation:
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.Referral Bonus:
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus
Bonus amount: $4,000 USDDrug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.Additional Information: All information provided will be checked and may be verified. Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Colorado summary pay range: Min: 76,500 - Max: 127,500
The C2BMC National Team provides technical solutions to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC) Program. C2BMC is the integrating element for the Ballistic Missile Defense System and links various sensors and weapon systems. The system provides capabilities to integrate and synchronize missile defense systems and operations, providing a layered defense against multiple ranges of threats and in all phases of flight.
The Missile Defense National Team - Engineering (NT-E) develops systems engineering solutions for the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) and our nation's Missile Defense System (MDS). The MDS is an integrated, layered architecture that provides multiple opportunities to destroy incoming missiles and their warheads before they can reach their targets. NT-E solves complex missile defense problems working with industry partners, national laboratories, and various agencies within the Department of Defense. NT-E supports both homeland and regional defense needs of our nation against today's threats and for the future.
The Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD) team designs, develops, integrates, tests, and operates the GMD system in a 365/24 hrs a day operational environment providing increased warfighter capability to support the homeland defense our nation against today's threats and for the future.
Come join our team.Vaccination Requirements:
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.