We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that?s important. GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can?t turn into opportunity.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation [FDIC] mission is to preserve and promote public confidence in the U.S. financial systems by insuring deposits in banks and thrift institutions for up to $250,000; by identifying, monitoring, and addressing risks to the deposit insurance funds; and by limiting the effect on the account and the financial system when a bank or thrift institution fails. GDIT provides the day-to-day operational services to FDIC in support of infrastructure, facilities, hardware, software, and systems. GDIT supports operational security, client support/help desk, data center operations, asset management, and systems engineering service areas.
GDIT seeks a Linux Systems?Administrator with team leadership skills for the FDIC Infrastructure team in Arlington, VA. US Citizenship and background investigation is required; you must have a current clean financial background. Though the position is 8-5 M-F, the role requires flexibility to support issues or planned activities after hours, weekends and holidays as needed. Successful candidate must possess and be able to demonstrate technical skills and Engineering attitude for success, dedication and commitment.
Task and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to the following:
Exceed expected quality of service on maintenance and deployment of upgrades, enhancements and modifications to systems
Support ServiceNow ticket queue requests and document resolutions completely and accurately
Lead a team of Unix Systems Administrators, provide technical management oversight, assign work across the team, and mentor junior team members
Manage Unix/Linux maintenance to coordinate activities with database and application teams
Follow best practices to adhere to enterprise architecture.
Extensive knowledge? of Unix/Linux-related tasks and activities
Collaborate with Knowledge Management teams to draft operational documentation
Collaborate with Engineering and Problem Management teams to perform Root Cause Analysis
Able to analyze alerts from various monitoring tools and take appropriate actions during troubleshooting
Must have demonstrated a high level of problem analysis and resolution skills
Administer and maintain Unix/Linux server infrastructure in production
Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting system hardware, software, and operating system issues
Research and recommend automated approaches for system administration tasks where possible.
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:?
- Ten plus years of experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments
- Ten plus years of experience with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages (BASH, PERL, Python)
- Ten plus years of experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Bind, or Apache, or MySQL, or nginx, etc.
- Ten plus years of experience maintaining Linux patch management platforms such as (RedHat Satellite, Foreman, Spacewalk)
- Seven plus years of experience with configuration management tools, such as Puppet or Chef
- Familiarity with load balancing firewalls, etc.
- Proficient with network tools such as iptables, Linux IPVS, HAProxy
- Experience with virtualization technologies, such as VMware vSphere, KVM, or Xen
- Ability to build and monitor services on production servers
- Familiarity with web-based technologies, including reverse proxy servers, SSL certificate configuration, three-tier architecture, or service oriented architecture,
- Familiarity with web-servers, including JBoss, WebLogic, or Apache Tomcat
- Experience with implementation and maintenance of Linux Containers and Docker
- Knowledge of servers and switches
- Experience with Active Directory, DNS or other Windows core services.
- Two plus years technical leadership leading a team of five or more
It would be great if you also had these desired skills and active certificates:
- ?Three plus years with?Veritas or similar clustering experience?
- Linux+ (CompTIA)
- LPIC (LPI)
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Linux Foundation SysAdmin / Engineer Certification
This role is not yet funded
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services, simulation, and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Discover more at gdit.com/careers
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.