Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Can be REMOTE.
* Austin, TX
* Memphis, TN
Experienced Linux System Administrator at Engineer Level. Work within the System Administration Group (Sysadm) to implement, maintain and improve primarily Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) system solutions across physical and virtual server platforms in all Data Centers and remote locations.
Collaborate with Application Vendors, Infrastructure, Application Development and Business Groups to provide engineering and BAU support for Linux based applications. Focus on SOE development, system improvement and the consolidation of enterprise level system management methods.
* Manage, monitor, and enhance performance of Linux based applications.
* Plan and implement new virtualized and physical systems to best practice standards.
* Engage in hardware, software and application upgrades, patching and refresh programs using centralized software distribution and patching systems and procedures.
* Operate and improve backup and disaster recovery procedures to consistently high standards.
* Document, standardize and improve systems and processes, seeking opportunities to implement and consolidate the SOE approach to Linux system management.
* Liaise with vendors and service providers to ensure that systems perform optimally.
* Provide system and scripting support to application development and operational groups.
* Participate in after-hours maintenance activities and other duties as required.
* Undertake relevant training, certification and conferences to maintain appropriate skills.
* Implement and adhere to information security best practice as outlined in the Acceptable Use Policy.
* Comply with and uphold all information security policies applicable to the role.
* Safeguard Sonic Healthcare's information assets - whenever digital, physical, or in other form - and the associated applications and devices accompanying them.
* Monitor and report any potential security incidents to the System Administration Manager.
* Limit access to information and information processing facilities by providing need-to-know access in accordance with the Access Control Policy.
* Collaborate with various Business Units and groups with diverse approaches and responsibilities for system implementation and support of their Linux based applications and supporting infrastructure.
* Collaborate with the Security and Network Groups, ensuring Linux systems conform to security and connectivity standards.
* Collaborate with the Server Group to ensure that the Linux applications are backed up, monitored and performing effectively. Work with Server Group to leverage the VMware virtualization platform for some Linux systems.
* Collaborate with the Application Architects, Application Development, and other Sonic IT teams as required.
* Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) highly desirable.
* Provisioning, configuration, management, monitoring and improvement of RHEL on both virtual and physical platforms within large-scale enterprise level environments.
* Red Hat Satellite system management experience, with other System Automation tools such as Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet, etc. also desirable.
* VMware Virtual Server platform and tools to implement Virtualized Linux systems.
* Effective scripting, e.g. bash, ksh, perl, python, ruby, windows batch scripting, etc.
* Familiarity with common LAMP and DevOps models and methods desirable.
* Docker / Kubernetes / MicroServices PKS highly regarded.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, system documentation and project management skills.
* Effective collaboration skills and experience mentoring colleagues.
* Effective time management and prioritization skills.
* Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
* Effective troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
* Effective performance monitoring and tuning skills.
* Effective TCP/IP / Linux / Unix networking skills.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.