2# of Openings
Information TechnologyOverview About the Company:
Avalon Healthcare Solutions, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is a clinical services and information technology company using evidence-based medicine to develop and deploy medical policies and protocols in the high-volume, dynamic and complex diagnostic lab environment. The company manages the appropriate use of thousands of existing lab tests and researches new tests to determine efficacy and impact on patient care.
Studies show that 30% of clinical laboratory testing is unnecessary or overused. Inappropriate testing or missing a key screening can lead to complications and expense arising from unwarranted care, or not obtaining proper care when needed, leading to increased health risks and costs. Avalon helps ensure delivery of the right test, at the right time, and in the right setting. We seek to ensure the most effective patient treatment, improve clinical outcomes, and optimize cost and affordability.
Avalon is a portfolio company of Francisco Partners, a global private equity firm that specializes in investments in technology and technology-enabled service companies. Since its launch 15 years ago, FP has raised approximately $10 billion and invested in more than 150 companies.
Avalon is a high growth company where every associate has an opportunity to make a difference. You will be part of a team that shapes a new market and business. You'll enjoy seeing the results of your work as we rapidly implement our plan. Most importantly, you will help Avalon to achieve its mission and improve clinical outcomes and health care affordability for the people we serve.
For more about Avalon, please visit our web site at .This position is based in Tampa, Florida, and is not a remote role. This is a full-time, W-2 position. At this time, we can consider only local candidates authorized to work in the US. No recruiter calls, please.ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities of the Linux Security Administrator:
- Assist Avalon employees and contractors with technical issues including research, design, security, acquisition, and support of IT Infrastructure assets.
- Ensure performance of systems as assigned such as: security, network access, printers, Linux and Windows systems that support the Avalon infrastructure, including SA engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual secure operations.
- SA engineering and provisioning: build and install new systems, rebuild existing systems, configure hardware, harden security of systems, set peripherals, manage services and settings, maintain directories and storage, etc. in accordance with Avalon policies and procedures; develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures contributing to and maintaining system standards; secure configuration and hardening of systems; and research and recommend innovative solutions, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Operations and support: Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups; perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions or weaknesses; perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, perform regular file archival and purge as necessary according to policy; create, change, and delete user accounts per approved request; provide Tier I and II support per request from various constituencies, investigate and troubleshoot issues; and repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Maintenance: Apply OS patches and software upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities; configure / add new services as necessary; maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures; perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning; perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required such as CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required; and manage and maintain security certificates on systems and gateways.
- Administer software settings, configuration, and security as required.
QualificationsQualifications of the Linux Security Administrator:
- Work across teams balancing competing objectives to accomplish goals and requirements according to defined priorities.
- Bachelors (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science or equivalent experience. Will consider relevant work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Proficiency in Windows and MS Office environment.
- 5 years general IT support or systems admin experience.
- 2 to 4 years Linux system administration experience, especially RHEL or CentOS
- Experience with Apache/NGINX webserver installation, configuration, and support
- Experience with Tomcat/JBOSS/Jetty installation, configuration and support
- Experience with Linux/Unix shell scripting.
- Experience managing OpenLDAP.
- Work is conducted in an office environment. A majority of the employee's work time will be sitting at a desk using a computer and other office equipment, including frequent use of the telephone for communication.
- The person in this position must be able to work in an environment in which change occurs frequently and important decisions must be reached and implemented based on limited information, and in which one must address multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Work hours may vary and travel may be required in order to fulfill the essential functions of this position.
- Must be able to lift 40 to 50 pound servers.
- Be able to provide 24 x 7 on-call support, as scheduled or as required for system SLAs to meet project deadlines.