- Job Reference: 72635186-2
- Date Posted: 3 October 2018
- Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Education/Training
- Job Type: Permanent
This position will configure, test, deploy and support scalable, secure and resilient Infrastructure components in one technology area (Virtual Servers, Storage and backups, Databases, Operating System, Network and Telephony ), On-Premise or in the Cloud. Supports execution of day to day tasks. Contribute to 24x7x365 days of on-call staff coverage.
* Performs daily database and database application support which includes the following tasks: Contributing to 24x7x365 staff coverage, Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB and MariaDB, MySQL, Hadoop, Redshift, AWS EMR database and application server administration.
* Assists with all duties related to on-going operational database infrastructure on premise and in the cloud.
* Creates and maintains database objects.
* Monitor, troubleshoot and resolve failed tasks or database issues. May create database, assign permissions and resolve connectivity issues.
* Daily monitoring of database storage allocation and usage as well as other resource usage.
* Manage special projects as assigned.
* Deploy code and data changes.
* Exports/Imports data and data replication.
General Job Information
Info Technology Group
United States of America
United States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date
Date Requisition Created
Bachelors Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
Bachelors or Associates degree with courses in computer science, or related fields. Knowledge of one or more of the following areas, certifications preferred - Windows Server Admin (Active Directory, Windows Server), Linux Server Admin (AIX), Storage (NAS, SAN), Database administration (Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB and MariaDB, MySQL, Hadoop, Redshift, AWS EMR ), Network (Cisco certifications), Telephony (...) and AWS SysOPS certification, AWS Solutions architect associate certification. Critical thinker. Demonstrated problem solving techniques. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Team player. Willing and able to quickly learn new technology
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled