Guernsey-Muskingum Electric Cooperative (GMEC), an electric distribution cooperative having $83 million utility plant and over 2,800 miles of lines and serving approximately 17,000 meters, is seeking highly qualified applicants for the position of Information Technology (IT) Specialist. Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, cyber security or related field desired. Minimum 5 years IT experience with network systems, in-depth understanding of Microsoft, Apple products, switches, routers, WIFI, VOIP, and network client/server technologies desired. Linux Suse knowledge helpful. Excellent communications, complex problem-solving skills, organizational, time management skills required. GMEC offers competitive salary commensurate with experience/qualifications and comprehensive benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
This position requires reading, writing, and mathematics. Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in information technology, computer science, cyber security or related field preferred.
Minimum of five years of IT experience with networks desired. Experience related to network operating systems, networking standards, computer/network hardware and website design required.
Deep understanding of Microsoft, Apple products, switches, routers, Wifi, VOIP and network client/server technologies. Some knowledge of Linux Suse helpful.
Abilities and Skills:
Must have excellent communication skills and be able to clearly and positively communicate verbally and in writing. Must have excellent complex problem-solving skills. Must have excellent organizational and time management skills. Must have ability to work well with others. Must hold valid Ohio driver's license.
Must be of the highest integrity, dependable, and possess good personal habits. Must have sufficient physical health to perform the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the job. Must have ability to left and carry at least 50 lbs. Must have acute consciousness of safety and positive attitude towards accident prevention.
Regular hours of work within five-day work week and willingness to be available 24/7 if needed. Workday will be inside office.
CAPSULE POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, determines, specifies and budgets computer needs for the internal company network. Administers and maintains internal network. Provides support for the outage management systems, after hours call center and GIS systems. Designs, makes revisions, and maintains company website. Forecast needs, purchases all servers, workstation and vehicle computers, iPads, printers, network equipment for all departments of the Cooperative. Programs building temperature controls and monitors building security and fire systems.
- Provides support, guidance and assistance to the users of the company internal network and internal systems including GIS system and building systems-security and fire.
- Provide service to the Cooperative's membership by providing support to the company website.
- Maintaining overall LAN/WAN network infrastructure, integrity, and continually searches for opportunities to optimize performance.
- Installs and configures computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, scanners and other cooperative hardware as required.
- Repairs and replaces IT equipment as necessary.
- Troubleshoots and solves user PC, network printer and software issues in a timely manner.
- Trains all network users on new technologies, equipment, software, and network security and virus prevention.
- Monitors backup systems and test regularly.
- Creates, maintains, and executes disaster recovery plans for systems within your areas of responsibility.
- Monitors and troubleshoots VOIP Phone, IP security camera/alarm systems, fire system and room temperature controls.
- Creates and maintains hardware, network and software inventory documentation.
- Performs regular scheduled maintenance on all servers and network appliances.
- Maintains adequate virus and malware protection and monitors the status there of.
- Regularly monitors network, firewalls, email systems.
- Promotes strong cyber security procedures including monitoring and training.
- Develops yearly IT budget including a hardware/software replacement strategy.
- Evaluates and recommends new technologies, policies and procedures, and coordinates new system installations and upgrades.
- Acts as corporate help desk to users.
- Stays proficient on Microsoft, Apple, and database programs within the network.
- Liaison with all software, hardware, networking and security consultants.
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions.
- Maintains and creates web content for corporate website.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent to this position.