Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data - to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We've built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world - to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By modernizing storage through data management, customers can upgrade infrastructure to bring modern data services to existing applications. Only NetApp can help organizations free the resources necessary to fund transformation by deploying the industry's leading flash storage solution, which is highly efficient and scalable in both data center and cloud environments.
About usNetApp is the data authority for hybrid cloud. We provide a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation. Together with our partners, we empower global organizations to unleash the full potential of their data to expand customer touchpoints, foster greater innovation and optimize their operations.
About roleAs a Software Engineer on our team, you will work as part of a truly innovative, fun and growing team responsible for developing, testing and debugging our new Hyper Converged storage product. You will focus on new product development and enhancements to existing products. If you are dedicated to creative problem solving and getting things done, you may be just the person we're looking for!
What will you do:
- Design, implement and verify features, systems and subsystems.
- Provide team and project technical leadership, and participate in technical decisions.
- Guide and mentor more junior engineers.
- Work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department and company goals.
- Ability to design and develop features and provide automated tests for the same, leveraging advanced expertise in Python.
- Knowledge of design patterns and experience in building good solutions.
- Successfully completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks.
- Ability to participate in and drive technical discussions with your team and other cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency in product development and support within a Linux environment.
- Experience with at least one hypervisor technology.
- Ability to conduct performance analysis and optimization for features and systems.
- Ability to provide remote and onsite support to NetApp high profile customer field issues involving Linux (and its derivative) device and HBA drivers as part of the solution.
- Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of people.
- 3-6 years or more years of software development experience.
- A degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field.
You might also have:
- Experience with containers and VMs in a DevOps environment.
- Experience with network programming/debugging/configuration.
What you'll love about us:
At NetApp, we take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it's the right thing to do. Along the way, we've repeatedly transformed businesses and set industry standards. Now more game-changing developments are in the pipeline. Behind our breakthroughs is an open, collaborative culture that fuels fresh ideas. By sharing our viewpoints, challenging our thinking, and empowering our people, we create unique and novel approaches to solving problems. Join us, and we'll help each other do our best work!
- Our Culture: It's our culture and our people. If you ask anyone at NetApp why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: it's the people.
- Our Location: We have a beautiful Boulder office.
- Health Benefits: NetApp provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family.
- Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it's flexible spending, stock purchases, or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future.
- Work Life balance and more: To make sure of work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers.
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization.
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it's the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what's important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled