• Provides support for the AVANGRID Energy Control Systems used to operate electric transmission and distribution systems (EMS/SCADA/ADMS/ OMS & Back office based platforms). Defines and maintains Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) databases and definitions, maintains telemetry data and evaluates and maintains accurate information in the EMS.
• Support the specification, design, testing and development of the EMS system to ensure that changing functional requirements are met
• Design enhancements to the ECS systems to improve the user interfaces
• Monitors and ensures that systems and components are designed, installed, tested, operated and maintained according to operational requirements and standards for safety and reliability
• Document and review commissioning procedures, provides operational assistance and troubleshooting
• Analyzes key power system data for engineers to ensure that the bulk electric system can operate in a safe, reliable and coordinated manner in accordance with ISO/RTO operating principles and standards.
• Works within the Control Center environment and supports Cyber Security requirements for the Control Center operations. Maintains and creates documentation for supported platforms and systems to meet all regulatory
• Have an in depth technical understanding of all system components.
• Capable of designing and implementing novel control system components and can optimize system components.
• Has an understanding of virtual environments.
• Has an understanding of controls architecture as it pertains to security, data flow, and networking.
• Capable of providing valuable input to system design.
• Collaboration and Leadership Skills.
• Assists with creation of time saving standardization.Responsibilities
• Understanding of relevant Compliance Regulations and Policies. (NERC-CIP, Etc.)
• Working understanding of the NERC-CIP ECS requirements.
• Understanding and a good knowledge of Databases (Oracle,MS SQL Server Etc.)
• How to query, configure and edit.
• Understanding Networking, security, computer hardware, software applications and data communication equipment.
• Understand Network diagrams, firewall rules, ports and services.
• The ability to demonstrate good communication skills both written and orally. Experience to make sound decisions will working in a high pressure environment outside normal working hours.
• Working in storm or other emergency conditions for 24x7x365 system support
• Able to work independently and contribute proactively to drive results.
• Ability to create a script or a small compiled application.
• Computer Operating System Administration and Support (E.g.: Unix (Solaris 10/11), Linux, Windows)
• Strong background in Oracle Database Administration including Oracle Data Guard and RAC (11R2/12c1/12c2)
• Strong background in PL/SQL Programming, Stored Procedures, Triggers and Transaction management.
• Experience in OS installations, implementation, integration, maintenance and testing in a client/server applications
• Experience implementing security at the database, application and operating system level.
• ECS NERC-CIP Compliance Support (EX:CIP-005, 007, 009, 010, 011)
• ECS Support for Multiple Environments (Databases E.g.: Oracle, SQL Server; ECS Specific Applications E.g.: ABB Network Manager, GE X21, Siemens Spectrum, AVEVA OASyS DNA; Specialty Control System Applications E.g.; Access Administration E.g.: LDAP, Kerberos, Active Directory; Protocols E.g.: ICCP, DNP, RS422, TCP/IP, Modbus; Environment Navigation E.g.: RDP, PuTTy, FTP, VNC; Specialty Calculation Programming EX: Matlab, ABB Calc)
• Operations support 24x7x365 and being on "On Call" rotation.
• Technical Documentation(EX: Operational Procedures Maintenance for ISO and TO)
• ECS Historian Applications Support (E.g.: UDW PI Interface for multiple environments, Application Server PI Interface, ORA-DB, SQL- Loader , Data Guard)
• Troubleshooting skillset and ability to independently troubleshoot control system issues.
• Computer language programing (E.g.: : Java, C, .Net, Perl, Python, VBscript, Java Script, KSH, BSH, SqlPlus, HTA, HTML) and development environment (EX: Netbeans, Visual Studio)
#LI-DG1Skills and Requirements
Education and Experience: (Meet at least one of the following)
5-10+ years' technically related experience
AS Engineering Degree with 7+ year's technical experience
BS Degree with 5+ years technical experienceCompetencies
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties.
AVANGRID's employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at or Nearest Major Market:
Binghamton Job Segment:
Power Systems, Energy