Embedded Software Engineer Stf
- Job Reference: 78372263-2
- Date Posted: 9 January 2019
- Recruiter: Lockheed Martin
- Location: Louisville, Colorado
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Education/Training
- Job Type: Permanent
As one of the largest defense contractors in the world, Lockheed Martin is responsible for developing embedded systems platforms in many exciting domains including satellites and avionics. This Staff Embedded Software and FPGA Engineer position provides the opportunity to get involved on the ground-floor of an exciting new program designing and developing new software and hardware components to be integrated into the future F-35. The ideal candidate for this position would have experience developing C/C++ software for embedded systems and FPGA cores using Verilog or VHDL. Candidates with only embedded software experience or FPGA development experience will also be considered. Involvement in all phases of software development is required, i.e. development of software requirements and design documents, project plans, software coding, testing, and training customers on the use of the project. The selected candidate will also likely be involved in various embedded and cyber security related research and development projects.
The team appreciates and applies Agile development principles. The team splits its efforts between research and development projects and the customer-funded projects they spawn. Innovation and creative thinking is highly valued as is leadership and self-motivation. Keeping up with the latest methods, tools, and technologies is important to their success and as such most projects target the latest FPGA devices on the market and training opportunities are often made available.
* Strong embedded development experience with operating systems such as: Linux, VxWorks, etc
* Scripting languages such as Bash and Python, etc
* Experience with embedded development environments and languages, debuggers, test equipment
* Strong C/C++ development experience
* Experience developing on ARM SoCs
* A high level of self-motivation
* Secret Clearance required prior to start.
* A Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science is preferred for this position
* Excellent communication skills and writing skills
* Candidate must be a self-starter with experience in embedded systems
* Candidate with schematic design experience is preferred
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.