Lennox International (LII) is a leading global provider of innovative climate control solutions for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR) markets.Beginning over a century ago, Lennox International has built a strong heritage of Innovation and Responsibility. Our position as an innovation leader continually inspires us to promote more efficient energy use and a healthier environment through our product operations. Our engaged and diverse workforce is committed to providing climate control solutions that provide the most value and comfort for our customers. We are proud to have instilled a shared sense of responsibility and commitment among our approximately 10,000 employees located throughout North America, South America, Europe, and Asia.Job Description
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
As a Software Engineer you will be a knowledgeable and talented engineer to design and develop software components for the Controls Engineering organization. You will have an opportunity to lead and collaborate with other engineers to design, plan, develop, and maintain embedded software components.
- Responsible for the successful implementation and delivery of embedded software products and components throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Responsible for project deliverables on time and with high quality.
- Assure proper technical requirement definition with internal and external customers, marketing, manufacturing and other support groups.
- Actively participate in the definition and implementation of new processes and improvements.
- Identify and create new technologies and ideas to increase the organization's intellectual property and to better address customer needs.
- Participate in technical feasibility analysis and prototyping activities
WHAT DRIVES SUCCESS:
Having the right qualifications is only a part of what it takes to be a successful employee. At Lennox International, we believe in following a set of behaviors and competencies to achieve your full potential. In this position, it is vital that you embody these core competencies:
- Situational Adaptability: You flex your approach and demeanor to suit various scenarios. You successfully shift gears as new developments and competing priorities arise - balancing routine tasks, urgent action items, and long-term projects is second nature for you.
- Decision Quality: You make thoughtful and timely decisions with the best interest of the organization in mind, prioritizing and organizing key deliverables and ensuring stakeholder buy in.
- Drives Results: You show pride in "getting the job done" with a bias for action, going above and beyond to ensure your responsibilities have been met. During high pressure moments, you work diligently to meet deadlines and show value in your work.
- BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent is required. MS is preferred.
- 8 years of professional experience developing embedded software in C/C++.
- Experienced in the architecture, design, hardware/software integration, and development of embedded software.
- Experience and familiarity with modern control theory and applications.
- Experience collaborating in multi-site software development teams and projects.
- Ability to develop unit test driven software components.
- Experience in technical leadership, project planning, and project tracking.
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) software development.
- Experience in LINUX application process development.
- Familiar with Embedded Security (firmware signing, secure boot, DMverity, etc.)
- Familiar with wireless technologies (WiFi, Zigbee, LoRa, BLE, BLE Mesh).
- Familiar with industry standard embedded design and debugging tools (JTAG, protocol analyzers, emulators).
- Familiar with Configuration Management tools (Version control, bug tracking, change management, automated builds, and coding standards).
- Familiarity with static and dynamic analysis software tools.
- Experience developing in Waterfall and Iterative Software development processes.
- Experience in the design of analog and digital circuits and control boards.
- Familiarity with HVAC, Refrigeration control systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple functional teams (Hardware, Testing, Technical Support, Manufacturing) in order to deliver sound technical solutions to our customers.
- Demonstrate ability to drive product and process improvements throughout the software organization.