We're seeking a Drug Discovery Informatics Developer to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
As a member of our Data Architecture team, you'll enable our large-scale drug discovery research by building technology solutions that focus on accessible and insightful presentation of data to Schrödinger scientists. You'll play a key role in constructing a cohesive data ecosystem at Schrödinger. You will also support our drug discovery efforts by collaborating with our Computational Chemistry, Structural Biology, Enterprise Informatics, IT, and Data Science teams to help grow our data-focused efforts around drug discovery target identification and validation.
Who will love this job:
- A software engineer who's passionate about building well-designed, well-tested, user-oriented software
- A passionate technologist who understands research informatics data and has experience building sustainable data management solutions
- A science-lover and tool-builder who is passionate about creatively meeting the needs of scientists to accelerate drug discovery and improve human health
- An excellent verbal and written communicator with great interpersonal skills
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with scientific teams to support build out and integration of data management and visualization solutions for drug discovery target validation
- Create tooling to standardize research metadata and construct semantic knowledge bases to improve target selection and accelerate drug discovery programs
- Develop and integrate new tools with our enterprise informatics platform in collaboration with other teams to provide specialized tools around target validation
- Exercise your own judgment along with support from teammates to architect and implement robust, maintainable solutions
- Implement unit tests and integration tests to drive development
- Participate in a code reviewing environment that encourages learning and high code quality
What you should have:
- Solid grasp of object-oriented programming principles
- Some background in chemistry, biology, or physics, and familiarity with scientific language and concepts
- Data engineering or software experience with relational databases, data integration, REST APIs, and web application architecture are preferred, but not required
- Python programming proficiency
- Experience with most of:
- Source control (GIT, SVN, etc)
- Open source technologies
- Linux/UNIX operating system
- Experience with the following is a plus:
- Relational or non-relational databases
- Data integration
- REST APIs
- Microservice architecture / containers
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it's people that make a company great. Because of this, we're prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.