Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
The Platform engineering team has a broad mandate of enabling Regeneron developers & scientist to effortlessly leverage computing and data services. Our goal is to maximize engineering velocity from inception to delivery. The Platform Engineering team is an integral part of enabling Regeneron computing. It is the kernel that that fuels all thing Data, Cloud, API, App Development, App Delivery and much more. "Make Great Medicine. And then do it again " is what we are passionate about. Our team provides the computational engineering muscle needed to develop application services across Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. We partner with data science, bio-informatics, manufacturing, Application development, data engineering and others to build distributed computing services in the cloud. We are group of engineering that thrive on a challenging computing problem. As a Cloud engineering lead on our team you would help solve problem like.
• As a Service - with inception of serverless, container and automation, you will help transform our existing cloud practice to next level. Taking us beyond Infrastructure as a service to as a Service model
• Self-Service: Help us engineer solution that by design enable self-service of IaaS/PaaS and Data Services.
• Build & Delivery Tooling - Help mature & Lead the development of CI/CD Framework
• Common Runtime Service - Cloud is the foundation technology for majority of High-value services i.e data, computation biology, high-performance computing and modern application development - you will help put a framework that consist of cloud services, application libraries and application containers that provide service discovery , distributed configuration management that can be used by any developer
• Next Generation User Interface: Most of the user of Regeneron Cloud around the world use Regeneron Cloud for distinct purpose i.e Analytical, Software Development, Application Deployment, Scientific Computing, application delivery etc.. all of which require a personalize user experience - we are looking to develop a common interface that can be tailored to suite our user community.
• Big Watch (In concept ) - with introduction of Artificial intelligence. Automation and everything becoming more software defined, we are rethinking how we can enable Artificial intelligence, Bot and RPA to automate our operational intelligence to support Cloud, Data and application monitoring
• How do we leverage Dockers, Kubernetes, Prometheus, GRPC ,Envoy, Open Tracing. Serverless and other distributing tech
• Evangelize best practices in Application deployment & Serverless usage and end-to-end architecture
• Lead cross-functional initiatives working with bright engineers across organizations
• Seek opportunities to develop horizontal technologies that benefit multiple teams
• Define & Develop Cloud Application development standards and framework
• As a Platform Engineering team member you will be building platforms and tools that help automate the deployment, provisioning & consumption of cloud offering
• Dive deep into Regeneron distributed computing Services
• Deep understanding of Application development ( SDLC )& Software Build management
• You will guide other teams within Cloud development engineering to use better tools and practices, and champion adopting better technologies to improve the efficiency, scalability and stability of our offering.
• Build incredibly valuable distributed computing that will be leveraged across Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc..
• Creatively explore how to use distributed technologies to continually add value to Regeneron. Translate computing questions into flexible methodologies that scale to answer broad problems across the organization.
• Be a bridge between Infrastructure , Data and cloud helping bring legacy forward.
• Be comfortable outside of your comfort zone - explore new tech, make your own tool, or find a new way to address an old problem.
• You will add features to and improve the platform used by Regeneron customers to create, configure and manage their cloud data clusters.
• Must have prior experience transforming software development shop - shifting tradition IT to Modern App delivery platform service.
• 15+ year - IT Experience
• 5+ years of Software engineering / DevOps Experience
• 7+ years of relevant System Engineering / development experience
• 5+ years of experience in object-oriented programming and automation scripting preferably in Python 2+ years of experience with Java is a plus.
• Experience defining/developing CI/CD Automated pipeline
• Minimum 1+ Year with Kubernetes, Docker or similar Tech
• Knowledge of third party Distributed platform & Micro Service Architecture i.e Serverless
• Experience working with highly scalable, distributed, loosely coupled systems
• Experience with Cloud Computing platforms like Amazon AWS
• Preferred someone who have prior experience developing Data Application
• Demonstrated prior experience build large scale distributed Containerized environment
• Experience in significant cross-functional engineering efforts
• BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
Note: This is a Technical Leadership Role - hence prior software and cloud development experience is required. Candidate coming from Application Development with recent history of Micro Services architecture is preferred
Minimal Educational Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree (or 12 years equivalent experience)
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.