Purpose of Job We are currently seeking a talented Database Administrator with NoSQL Experience Mid Level for our Plano, TX or San Antonio, TX facility.
A Database Administrator participates in the analysis, design, modeling, development, implementation and maintenance of databases on a variety of information technology platforms. Under minimal supervision, performs moderately complex to complex work assignments and problem resolution across systems, processes, or channels. Performs multiple team roles (team member, team co-leader) in the delivery of technical solutions.
Job Requirements ABOUT USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For , and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly Employers for 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day. We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic PreviewPRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acquires and applies intermediate knowledge of database design and management including modeling, creation and maintenance of database objects.
- Applies in depth understanding of database tools and utilities and at least one DBMS platform, as well as highly developed SQL and database performance tuning skills.
- Performs evaluation, modification and integration functions associated with vendor supplied database software.
- Ensures business continuity by developing and implementing highly available database systems and database recovery plans and procedures.
- Liaises with database software vendors and external technical support on issues.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Bachelor s degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 4 or more years of relevant database design or administration and/or systems/development life cycle experience.
- Experience with technical programming languages and/or database design or database management systems.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.PREFERRED
- 2+ years of working experience using Linux
- 1+ years of working experience programming, with a preference for Java, Python, and/or shell scripting
- 1+ years of experience administering NoSQL databases, with a preference for Cassandra, Redis, MongoDB, and/or Couchbase
- Experience working with Agile/iterative project methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban, preferably with experience using Agile project management tools such as JIRA
USAA DBA s create innovative solutions that impact our members. Collectively, we are:
- Curious and excited by new ideas
- Energized by a fast-paced environment
- Able to understand and translate business needs into leading-edge technology
- Comfortable working as part of a connected team, but self-motivated
- Community-focused, dependable and committee
- Exceptionally detail-oriented
USAA's most valuable resource is our 28,000 employees. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives and ideas.
Our team enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive reward opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness and wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning and continuing education.
We promote a strong work-life balance with a variety of on-site services and conveniences depending on location, including a daycare, health center and pharmacy, multiple dining options, company stores, covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a casual dress environment.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.Relocation
assistance is available
for this position.For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 02/07/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: data analyst, data center, data integration, data scientist, data warehouse, data warehousing, database, etl, hbase, teradata