Overall Responsibilities: We have an exciting opportunity for a highly talented, motivated professional to join our team as a Scientific Programmer. Join a growing team using next generation technology to improve decision making and accelerate genetic improvement in bovine and porcine genetics.
- Develop and maintain multiple large-scale data pipelines, develop tools, pipeline and applications to support acquisition, access and analysis of data.
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Process, clean and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Interact with science teams and users to understand requirements and identify improvements to the software.
Qualifications and experience:
- B.S. in Computational Sciences, Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years of experience working in a Linux/Unix and Cloud and Kubernetes environment.
- Excellent programming skills in Python, Golang,SQL or similar languages.
- 2+ years of experience with databases SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB,Cassandra,MySQL) and manipulation of scientific data.
- 2+ years of experience with modern software development techniques, configuration management principles and version control.
- 2+ years of experience developing scientific data pipelines.
- Self Driven, data oriented personality with good communication skills.
Capabilities and behaviors:
- Maintains professional verbal and written communications with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors at all times.
- Flexible with job responsibilities and consistently strives to be an effective team member.
- Strives to advance skills and displays a willingness to accept future development.
- Actively participates in Company training opportunities to further develop applicable skills.
- Gains a thorough understanding of the Company's business and the department's role within the company.