Job Opportunity: Our team is seeking a talented Top Secret cleared Data Engineer to work in our NW Washington DC location.
This role supports the DHS's Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A). I&A is responsible for developing DHS-wide intelligence through managing the collection, analysis, and fusion of intelligence throughout the entire Department. I&A disseminates intelligence throughout DHS, to the other members of the United States Intelligence Community, and to first responders at the state, local, and tribal level.
What You'll Get To Do as a Data Engineer:
- Create and maintain data pipelines and transformation flows in a cloud environment
- Data management/mapping among multiple distinct data sources
- Cloud management and server administration of domain services
- Big Data infrastructure services and cross-domain data transfer
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI Eligibility
- BS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline from an accredited college or university and ten (10) to fourteen (14) years of progressive experience, or an MS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline, and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline and four (4) to seven (7) years of progressive experience.
- Familiar with ETL technologies, MapReduce, JSON/XML transformations, and schemas
- Familiar with AngularJS
- Familiar with Apache NiFi and Java (NAR) NiFi Archives
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS Cloud)
- HTTP via REST and SOAP
- Datastores - HDFS, MongoDB, S3, Elastic, NoSQL, RDBMS
- Build and Configuration Management Tools - Maven, Ansible, Puppet
- Working knowledge with public keys and digital certificates
- Linux/Unix server environments
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Master's level of education
- Familiarity with: jQuery, XPath, XQuery, Spark, Impala, Sqoop, Hive/Pig, Python, Gradle, Maven, PL/SQL, Unix Shell, C++/C, AngularJS, Spring, JSON, XML/XSLT/HTML, JPA/Hibernate, Spark, Accumulo, MapReduce, Storm/Kafka, HSpace, Pig, Servlet/JSP, LDAP