Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
The Cyber Security Monitoring Analyst serves as a major contributor in the areas of all Security Services such as: Security Monitoring (Splunk) backend administration and content development such as dashboards, report building, alert creation, application deployment, etc. Intrusion Prevention and Detection systems analysis and monitoring which serves as Network Threat Detection support for the corporation.
The qualified applicant will become part of the Security Monitoring Services Team within the Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Information Security organization but have direct work responsibilities with Cyber Threat Intel, Threat Vulnerability Management, Forensics and all corporate business components.
• Respond to computer security incidents in compliance with Information Security Policies and Industry Best Practices.
• Coordinate the efforts of and provide timely updates to multiple sectors and business units during incident response.
• Provide security related recommendations to the team as threat events unfold.
• Perform basic network security analysis in support of Intrusion detection operations including the development and enrichment of indicators used to enhance the network security posture.
• Contribute to a team of information security professionals analyzing threat data, writing reports, briefing event details to leadership, and coordinating remediation activities across multiple Regeneron organizations.
• Ensure technical security improvements are effective and maintained within configuration management structures.
• Ensure technology employed by the Security Monitoring Team compliments operational processes.
• On occasion, provide extended shift coverage with minimal travel required.
• Regularly monitor various information security related web sites (SANS Internet Storm Center, Krebs on Scty, SecureWorks, etc.) and mailing lists to stay up to date on current network threats, attack methodologies and trends.
• Analyze the potential impact of new threats and exploits and communicate risks to relevant business units.
• Monitor the Regeneron Global Network to find anomalous or malicious activity using various analytical methods and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools in a high paced operational environment. As part of a critical business function within Cyber Security, provide your eagerness to learn and build skillsets in an ongoing goal for overall perfectionism in the monitoring space. As we drive for visibility expansion, rapidly learn new technologies from cutting edge vendors and integrate the technologies with security monitoring.
• Provide business value by evangelizing the benefits of the monitoring platform, teaching and training end users, and providing executive insights or reports.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, preferred.
• Unix/Linux administration experience.
• 1-3 years of experience directly related to Cyber Operations environment.
• Ability to work in a team environment; ability to taking initiative to understand and master new operating systems, security applications, cloud security tools and open source tools.
• Knowledge with Windows and Linux operating systems and common applications, working knowledge of and experience in detecting malicious code, threat vectors, and in-depth log analysis.
• Knowledge of information systems security concepts and technologies; network architecture and tools; general database concepts; document management; hardware and software troubleshooting; intrusion tools; and open source alternatives.
Knowledge and/or Willingness to learn: Splunk, Syslog, ServiceNow, shell scripting, python, ansible, Jira, confluence, bitbucket, Qualys, Carbon Black, Cloud Security Tools.
GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
Certificate programs in relevant areas
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.