Kelly IT has an opening for an Cold Fusion Developer
with our client in Davis, CA
: temp to hire (must be able to convert to perm)
- You will design, develop, and maintain a variety of complex applications in support of the needs of Finance, Operations, and Administration (FOA).?
- The systems and applications supported by this position are locally developed or vendor systems that serve a wide audience.?
- Deliver solutions that are robust in terms of security, functionality, usability, maintainability, and scalability.? Provide analysis and decision support services, in addition to escalated technical support for business applications.
- 85% ANALYTICAL AND DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT FOR CORE ADMINISTRATIVE SYSTEMS
- Provide planning, analytical, and programming support for the development, implementation, and maintenance of core administrative and public-facing systems. Ensure compliance with Administrative IT application development methodology and our Administrative Computing Policy. Perform the full range of development lifecycle activities, including:
- Provide in depth and timely analysis of system issues and complex problems while recommending alternative solutions that best meet client needs. Analysis considerations to include usability, maintenance, performance, and security requirements.
- Develop complete and accurate technical specifications that meet business requirements, major business functions, and hardware/ software performance requirements.? Analyze business application requirements and provide feasibility and estimates of effort.
- Ensure security, scalability, and stability of internally
- developed applications for high profile, high-volume web sites and applications.
- Provide solutions for data integration with various Campus enterprise systems, including the Financial Information System, Asset Management System, and other information systems.
- Plan, design, develop, implement, and administer databases to acquire, store and retrieve data. Ensure data integrity. Establish and maintain data security.
- Ensure functionality of website and all visual aspects on all web browsers and devices.
- Ensure that interfaces between subsystems are properly designed and developed so that the effort required of integrating and maintaining subsystems is minimized.
- Perform quality unit testing of all software modifications and acceptable regression testing of those software modifications.
- Perform software change management auditing functions within the standards and best practices of Administrative IT. This includes design and technical specification reviews and sign-offs, documentation and migration practices.
- Create and maintain detailed technical and systems documentation, including coding comments, to track business logic and decisions.
- Work with internal and external business managers and end users to examine departmental business to determine how to leverage technology to streamline business practices and maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Assist users in defining program problems and functional work a-rounds.
- Help keep database of change requests up to date.
- Provide technical assistance in evaluating and resolving hardware and software problems.
- Assist with training users on new programs. Provide users with training documents and guides for new applications.
- B.S. degree in computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with leading complex data-driven, multi-tier applications projects and work collaboratively with technical and non-technical staff to meet project and organizational goals.
- Experience with development tools, using both GUI and command-line interfaces, such as Eclipse, Visual Studio Code, Atom, Git, Bash.
- Knowledge of queries and stored procedures for Relational (SQL) and NoSQL databases, particularly Oracle and MongoDB, and use of proper database modeling principles, including referential integrity and performance tuning.
- Knowledge of implementing web based security using SSL, Kerberos, CAS, and encryption techniques and integrating web sites with campus middleware services: CAS, Shibboleth, and LDAP.
- Knowledge of software development life cycles and using source code management tools such as Atlassian JIRA, Atlassian Confluence, Git, and Atlassian Bitbucket.
- Experience with extrapolating business functions and objectives to technical solutions and translating manual operations to automated processes
- Experience reviewing and producing technical policies, recommendations and analyses.
- Experience with tools for validating HTML/XHTML, CSS and Web
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Junit, Mockito, Jest, Mocha, and Jasmine.
- Knowledge of deployment tools: Docker, Ansible, Bamboo.
- Knowledge of the components of a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery deployment.
- Interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy and flexibility to work with departments, staff, students, administrators, etc.
- Experience making group presentations and training both technical and non-technical personnel.
If you are interested, please email your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resum?]
? Why Kelly ? ?
With Kelly, you?ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around
the globe?offering you the chance to work on some of today?s most intriguing, innovative and high-
visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities
will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100?
companies, and more than 3,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent:
people like you.
Last year we found 8,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career
Kelly Services ?
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com
and connect with us on Facebook
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.