Iris's client, one of the largest trading & brokerage financial corporation is looking to hire a C++ Developer. Our direct client offers electronic trading platform to trade financial assets including common stocks, preferred stocks, futures contracts, exchange-traded funds, options, mutual funds, and fixed income investments.
C++ Developer- W2 role only
Location: Menlo Park, CA, Chicago, IL or Atlanta, GA (Currently remote)
Duration: 18-24 Months+
We are looking for an experienced hands-on Software Engineer in our Core Brokerage group who will lead the technical aspects of designing, implementing, testing of various initiatives in Account Management and Advisor Services Group. The role expects significant engineering knowledge in complex server-side applications, including new feature work, improvements on existing code, and active participation in architect, designing and shipping the product
• Act as a contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver value.
• Develop business solutions by creating new, and modifying existing, software applications.
• Utilize innovative approaches to solve complex technical problems and apply advanced technical principles, theories and concepts to develop products.
• Manage, prioritize and execute multiple concurrent software development project activities. Projects will involve working with offshore team members who work from different locations.
• Carry out the analysis of requirements, interact with product and business counterparts, conduct full lifecycle application development.
• Utilize object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD), perform software modeling and simulation, build proof of concept with newer technologies and maintain code quality.
• 3-5 years of solid, software engineering experience
• Completely hands-on with 3+ years of experience in C or C++
• 1+ years of experience in Perl & Shell Script on Unix/Linux platform.
• Good knowledge in relational database and store procedures.
• Good understanding of continuous build and integration pipelines
• Ability to use version control software such as GIT and other continuous development tools such as eflow, jenkins, etc.
• Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
• Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Creative thinker, self-starter, able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Proficiency in development of highly efficient real-time distributed software systems desired
• Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) and ability to work with geographically dispersed cross functional teams.
• Experience in financial domain is a plus"