Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Linux Hosting and Storage Engineer will manage and maintain LHI's IT infrastructure environment to support LHI's business operations. Work as a lead on IT projects that involve technology and product evaluation, implementation, deployment and troubleshooting as assigned. Act as one of a team of the technical points of contact for specific aspects of the data center operations. Ensure efficient, balanced, secure and uninterrupted operation of all servers and equipment.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Mentor, educate, and grow the technology capabilities of the Hosting and Storage team
- Provide 2nd level support to Hosting and Storage technologists
- Ensure the maintenance and accuracy of Hosting and Storage documentation
- Develop new and improve existing processes and procedures as it relates to maintenance, automation, system testing, and functional validation
- Assist in maintenance and enhancements to SAN, virtualization, networking, firewall, backup, software, and security technologies
- Assist in executing technology assessments, evaluations, and recommendations of products and services to achieve and maintain LHI's information security compliance requirements, and ensure proper implementation of products to adhere to required security standards
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline or relevant and equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience as a Linux Systems Administrator
- Experience deploying and administering Kubernetes container orchestration platform in highly available and fault tolerant solution architectures
- Experience managing infrastructure as code using Terraform, CloudFormation, or a similar technology
- Experience developing Ansible playbooks and defining scheduled workflows using AWX or Ansible Tower
- Fluent user of collaborative revision control software
- Excellent interpersonal skills and avid collaborator: Thrives on frequent contact with teammates, supervisors, and a diverse population of stakeholders
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- 10+ years of experience as a Linux System Administrator
- Scripting experience: bash, python, powershell
- OS and Application Hardening in compliance-heavy environments to include DISA, NIST, VA6500, HIPAA
- Experience deploying and maintaining business solutions using Microsoft Azure
- DevOps Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) workflows
- VMWare (vRealize, ESXi, Workstation Pro)
- Enterprise Storage solutions (EMC Isilon, EMC PowerMAX, or similar)
- Cisco Netscaler
- Cisco UCS Manager
- Cisco ACI or other SDN technologies implementing the Kubernetes Networking Model
- Apache Tomcat or similar Java Servlet Container platform
- Deployment and maintenance of highly-available JBoss, WildFly
- Elasticsearch infrastructure administration
- Prometheus, InfluxDB, Grafana infrastructure administration
- Dynatrace infrastructure administration
- Windows Server Administration
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in cost-effective health care management. And when you join our team, you'll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We've joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We're located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We're supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.