Applications Engineer Job Description:
We're looking for an Applications Engineer to join our team in Phoenix. This individual will be supporting our new and existing clients with their hardware needs. What You'll Be Doing
What We're Looking For
- Analyze customer requirements, technical documentation, BOM setup and verify First Article orders are accurate to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Independently develop automated process to configure hardware to meet customer's technical specifications with existing automation production environment
- Create work instructions used by manufacturing to assemble and configure product
- Analyze technical data to determine appropriate setup criteria for platform programming
- Develop new testing and automation methods for leading edge products
- Daily monitoring and resolution of technical issues and validation of engineering changes that arise from revised requirements.
- Collaborate with field engineering team to identifying new opportunities for continuous improvement, as well as designing and implementing solutions for process optimization.
- Serve as technical leader for major aspects of platform integration and is required to interface with customer's design engineers to resolve programming issues or to provide technical assistance
- Required to author technical documents such as: Manufacturing Work Instruction, Workmanship Standards, Engineering Bulletins, ECO, FQR and Failure Analysis Reports
- Monitors and reports on productivity along with quality of First Article/Prototype orders
Even Better if You Have
- 4 year Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or related study
- Experience working with PowerShell, Python, Pearl or other high level language in a professional and/or academic environment
- Experience with Batch/Bash scripting
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents such as product data sheets, programing guides, wire diagrams and schematics.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal; ability to create routine reports and correspond with both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Flexibility to change priorities and ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- Must be able to work autonomously, frequently before and after normal business hours.
What's In It For You
- 2+ years of related industry experience
- Ability to write software in C/C++/VB/C# or other high level language
- Strong troubleshooting and technical background in a lab environment
- Previous experience building and configuring desktop and server platforms
- Knowledge of VMware and experience developing automated deployment
- Microsoft and Linux OS development tool knowledge
- Previous experience using Microsoft Windows SDK to create custom images
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and work-life balance, we offer benefits to match your needs:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- And more!
Phoenix, Arizona ( East Sky Harbor Circle) Time Type:
Full time Job Category:
Engineering and Technology