Application Software Developer
- Job Reference: 268951014-2
- Date Posted: 23 April 2021
- Recruiter: South Florida State College
- Location: Avon Park, Florida
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Education/Training
- Job Type: Permanent
About South Florida State College:
South Florida State College is an open-access, higher education institution dedicated to providing a learning-centered environment through quality programs, training, and services. Working in partnership with organizations and communities, the college provides leadership and a comprehensive range of opportunities for the educational, cultural, and economic development of the service district.
SFSC is proud to be tobacco-free.
Full-time, year-round position responsible for administrative information database management programming and maintenance of College applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Codes and maintains new and existing interactive and batch administrative application programs to generate necessary information and required reports for College administration, state reporting, and federal reporting in a structured manner and in such a way that it conforms to the standards set forth in the "IT Environment Guidelines" Manual.
* Coordinates and/or performs installation and maintenance of Banner and Business Intelligence Suite information system software (e.g. upgrades, patches, drivers, etc.) for the purpose of providing access to current version of software to college constituents.
* Identifies issues related to the Banner and Business Intelligence Suite information system software applications for the purpose of responding to user problems and ongoing availability of Banner database.
* Provides backup support for Banner end-user security management.
* Provides problem determination, research, and assistance with Banner operational procedures, scripts, and programs.
* Assists in the maintenance of the Banner Self-Service site, web pages, and database links.
* Assists in maintaining and optimizing the Oracle database and State reporting.
* Assists in provision and maintenance of internal and external reporting, and connectivity and interaction of external business systems with Banner.
* Performs other programming and modification duties as necessary.
* Contributes to unit planning, assessment, and college institutional effectiveness efforts.
* Acts in accordance with College policies and procedures.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Educational: Associate degree in Computer Science/Data Processing required. Extensive computer-related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
Experiential: Four or more years of experience with one or more of the following required: Banner, Oracle, SQL Plus, PL/SQL, and shell scripting. Proficiency in C, C+, Microsoft Access, and Linux strongly preferred.
Classification: Professional Staff, Level III
Reports To: Director, Information Technology
Posting Date: January 13, 2021
Starting Annual Salary Range: $48,000 - $ 50,000
Application Deadline: February 7, 2021 Extended: Open Until Filled (Application review: March 7, 2021)
SOUTH FLORIDA STATE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL ACCESS/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION
Applicants with disabilities who need assistance in the application or hiring process should contact: Human Resources, , or send written request to:
South Florida State College
ATTN: Director, Human Resources
EA/EO & ADA Officer
600 West College Drive
Avon Park, FL 33825
To apply for this position please click the "Apply Now" button and complete the application process. Resumes are optional.
If you experience trouble with the application process, please click here to contact the help desk.
Returning Applicant Login.