Work Location: NAWCWD China Lake, CA
Roles & Responsibilities: Full Time Position or Part Time
This position applies engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, develop, implement, test, and evaluate military weapon systems. Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation. The engineer applies engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, configuration management, quality assurance, or acquisition and resource management. May analyze, design, develop, implement, test or evaluate automated data processing software related to engineering or functional requirements of military weapon systems, associated support systems, or management information systems,
• Develop/ code Linux device drivers to interface with the firmware
• Linux kernel configuration and optimization
• Work with electronics, o-scopes, logic analyzers, and test equipment.
• Interfacing with analog (ADCs) digital (DACs) and RF electronics
Conditions will vary. Most work performed in enclosed buildings. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting and reaching. Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs and 50-100 lbs. assisted by other employees.
- Bachelors Degree in an engineering discipline from a school of engineering having at least one professional engineering curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- Five (5) years experience associated with engineering functions as related to development, test, or evaluation of instrumentation systems.
- Possess an academic and work experience background in such areas as preparation of technical and operational plans, execution of sophisticated test, certification of systems, logistic support planning, technical data review, and analytical interpretation of test results.
- Interfaces: RS485, Ethernet (TCP/IP & UDP), RS232, 1553, Hotlink, I2C, SPI, and GPIB
- Operating Systems: Linux, embedded Linux, Linux, RT-Linux, Windows, VxWorks and uC-OS.
- Distribution knowledge: Yocto
- Tools: Eclipse IDE, Workshare, GIT, gcc, g++, and JTAG
- Methodologies: OO System Development, SDLC
- Firmware: VHDL or Verilog experience, ModelSim experience.
U S Citizenship required
Ability to obtain a US DoD Interim Secret Security clearance prior to hire, granted a Secret clearance, and ability to maintain clearance throughout employment. Favored candidate without a current clearance must successfully complete and submit a Sf 86 Security Clearance Questionnaire along with fingerprints prior to hire.
All candidates will be required to pass a consumer report and/or consumer investigation to include SSN, Driver Record and Criminal Background Investigation.
All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality.
Systems Application & Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.